chapter fifty three

Nithia's POV

Hours after hours pass since Giovanni left but I keep thinking of what he said  he is going to kill me and my brothers,he has no tolerance for the Kent family,if this baby turns out to be his ,which I know it is, he'll kill me too.

I can't wrap my head around what happened,I sat there in the dark with my hand on my belly,I heard rushed footsteps and the door of the basement opened,the bright blinding me ,it took time for my eyes to adapt to the light.

"You have to get out of here", Olivia says and helps me up.

" Ain't you working for Giovanni? Why are you helping me?", I hoarsely say.

" I work for many people,now stop wasting time we need to get the hell out of here",she says and grabs my elbow,I weakly let her drag me and we find ourselves outside behind the house,we pass through the woods behind the house and finally out a small rusty gate intertwined with thorny bushes.

"I don't know if Giovanni is serious about killing you ,and only you know that really happened that night",she says, opening the door to a beat up sedan and shoving me inside.

"But I do know one thing,you don't deserve any of this and Mercelo is the only one that can protect you at this point, protect you from that psycho Leo and the stack up Giovanni '',she says and starts the engine.

Everything is happening so fast ,by the time I realise we are escaping the car has already started moving.

"Wait, what about my brothers? We have to go get them!",

" I can only manage to get you out,here",she says and places the box that contains all the sentimental staff I keep and also the phone Mercelo gave me.

"The only way you'll get out of this alive is by taking him down,you have no choice",she says as we enter the highway.

" I thought you were on Giovanni's side ?",

"I'm on my own side ,I only look out for my own skin,so don't make me regret helping you out", she says.

I always wanted to leave that golden cage but at this point I'm not happy at all, what will I do ? Where will I go? I already turned against Mercelo will he be willing to help me?.

"We're here",she says snapping me out of my thoughts, I look out the window and we're at a cemetery, she can see the confusion in my eyes but ignores me and takes out a bundle of money "it's the least I can do, no get out of my car",she says.

I watched her drive away and just stand there, I don't know what to do, my legs began moving on their own and I started walking in the direction of my father's grave. My legs gave out as soon as I stood before it,all the exhaustion and sorrow just hit me like a wave.

"I'm sorry I didn't visit you",I whisper and just lay there, " I miss you so much,I understand why you did it ,I would have too , I'm just tired, I'm tired of everything,of life , I'm tired too",I sobbed,I don't know how long I lay there but I was awoken by someone touching me.

"Mercelo?", I whisper

"Olivia said I'd find you here",he said and carried me.

He gently placed me in the passenger seat of his car and secured my seatbelt.

"Giovanni is going to hurt my brothers",I say "you have to help me get them away from him,he is a monster",

" It's okay Nithia you're safe now",he says,I hand him the phone he gave to me "it's all in here , everything you need to put him away for good, pictures with his partners and documents, I just hope you can keep your end of the deal",

" Of course",he says, taking the phone and putting it in his jacket.

We arrive at a gated neighborhood and he parks at one of the houses,he helps me out of the car and we enter inside the house.

Most of the living room has been turned into an office with boards of people's pictures and news articles.

"You can go ahead and take a shower, while I make a call and make something for you to eat",he says, directing me to a bathroom, I must stink by now ,I think I spent 3 days in that dark basement.

I turn the hot water and just sit on the floor drawing my knees to myself,I wonder if Giovanni has noticed that I'm gone,I just hope,Mercelo gets him arrested immediately so I can get my brothers.

After the shower I wrapped the clean towel around me, I couldn't wear my dirty clothes again so I walked to the living room to find Mercelo so I could borrow a shirt to wear.

"Mercelo",I call out to him but just then the ground shifts and the world goes black.