chapter fifteen

Nithia's POV

I slowly open my eyes because whatever is making the beeping sound is irritating me,my arm has an IV and I'm wearing a hospital gown.

"I see you're awake",and I know that voice all too well,why must she be the person I see immediately I wake up,well at least it's not my mother's rotting corpse. "I see you didn't die,sadly",she continues and I just roll my eyes, Camila really is irritating,water I need water,I look at the glass jar.

The door opens and Flavio walks in "glad to see that you're awake,here have some water",he says and pours me a glass,which I finish in seconds and I ask for more.

"You sure know how to make Giovanni mad,he can be cruel all you have to do is be obedient",he says as he takes a sit.

" Where's my brother?",I ask and tears are already streaming down my face.

"He's in Italy, behave and maybe he may let you see him",he gets up and walks to the door. " Don't get yourself in trouble next time I doubt he will be merciful" and walks out.

What's the use in living,but I can't die I can't leave my brother's alone,my thoughts are interrupted by the door opening and Anna walks in with food on a cart."Good to see you're awake madam,you should have something to eat",and my stomach rumbles but my thoughts go back to my mother's corpse in the dark humid basement, please let there be no meat.

She feeds me some soup that tastes so good the I lick the bowl clean and then a salad and some fruit, afterwards I take a warm shower and brush my teeth ,Anna cobms my hair and soon after I fall asleep.

I wake up at noon and stretch and immediately my eyes fall on the person sitting on the chair I tense up, Giovanni has the sleeves of his shirt rolled up to his elbow, showing the tattoo that covers his left arm,his hair is wet from the shower he must have taken, he gets up and walks to me while I lay on the bed,he sits next to me and caresses my face,I can't help but shiver in fear ,he touches my lips and leans in to give me a feather light kiss. "You make me so mad I feel like killing you do you really think there really is a place in this world where I'd never find you",chuckles" you're mine Nithia,you belong to me till the day you die,the sooner you accept this new life of yours the better otherwise you won't be the only one to pay the price,next time if you do that dumb shit again I'll cut off your brothers fingers",he whispers.

" I'm sorry",I swallow," I'll never do it again",I say.

"Good girl, now get some rest and behave",he says before leaving.

I take a good look at the room am in and it's Giovanni's room,our room I mean. Anna walks in after some time with some books on etiquette and the how to be a good wife book.

"You need to start reading through these books and our lessons on etiquette,next month you will be attending a lot of charity balls with Master and you will need to socialize with many wealth people so you have to make a good impression because it will affect your husband",she says and I sigh and roll my eyes.

"Rule 50,you mustn't roll you eyes it's unladylike and if you behave you'll get to talk to your brothers once a month, whenever you break a rule you won't talk to them for months so if you break three rules you'll talk to them after three months,the earlier you learn the sooner you take charge of the house,master gets to have many important people over so as his wife you will have to host them and interact with their wives",she says and puts them in the foot of my bed. Geez I have to interact with snobby rich women from now on,at this rate I'll age quickly.

I don't say anything and just get up to use the bathroom.

It's almost dinner time so any time soon I have to get ready for dinner.i wonder how dinner will be without my brothers.