[34]

Chapter 34:: The Funeral

Namjoon burst into the abandoned house, others following right behind him. He kept his umbrella aside and walked further into the house. Hoseok and Namjoon thought to check upstairs while Jungkook and Yoongi checked downstairs.

Yoongi entered the room a little bit excited since it's the first time he ever walked inside an abandoned house. He just wanted to experience that horror feel for once, like shown in the horror movies.

Suddenly his eyes fell on a wall filled with polaroid pictures. His curiosity kicked in him so he swiftly moved towards the wall and gasped inaudibly. It was all Jungkook's pictures.

Before he could call out to Jungkook, a loud scream stopped him.

"TEN!" a loud scream of Hoseok was heard from upstairs. Jungkook and Yoongi quickly left the room and ran upstairs and into the first room.

As soon as they entered a very loud gasp left past their lips when they saw the dead body of Ten lying on the floor. Hoseok kneeled beside his dead body and crying his eyes out.

Ten's face, arms and chest had scratches on them. Shirt completely torn. Fingerprint impressions on the neck, fingernails claw marks too. Swollen lips. Blood-red eye's staring onto the ceiling. Face pale.

Looking at the fingerprint around his neck proofs that someone murdered Ten by strangling him. Another solid proof was the tiny torn piece of cloth in his fist.

Namjoon took the cloth piece and inspected in closely. He assumed it to be the torn piece from the murderer's dress. It was a beautiful floral piece so he concluded the murderer to be a lady. Why would someone kill him? And that too a lady?

Hoseok quickly held onto Ten's cold and pale face and shook it, "Ten can you hear me? Get up! Hey! Wake up Ten! It's cold, dont sleep here." He called out desperately. Yoongi quickly moved towards Hoseok to calm him down and tried pulling him away from the dead body.

Hoseok pushed Yoongi and again started shaking Ten's body furiously, "I'll take you to the hospital, you'll be alright, come on, get up Ten."

Namjoon immediately teared up seeing Hoseok call out to his friend's dead body so desperately. Yoongi back hugged Hoseok and tried to stop him. Cause no matter how much he shook the body, Ten won't get up.

"Stop it Hoseok, h-he is dead now..." Yoongi trailed off.

After hearing this, all Hoseok could do was turn around and shed his tears on Yoongi's shoulder. "Yoongi. T-ten.... he, h-he is dead. How? W-why?" Hoseok cried. And Yoongi's heart ached to see his best friend crying so miserably.

"Jungkook help us pick up the body.... we'll prepare for Ten's funeral along with Han-jae." Said Namjoon after he took some pictures of the dead body with his phone. Jungkook who was standing frozen at the door came back to reality and nod his head.

Hoseok carried Ten by holding his right arm and Namjoon on the left arm. Jungkook held him by his legs and Yoongi securely held him by his waist.

"How are we gonna take the body to the church? It's raining so heavily." Jungkook asked in low tone.

"There is a big plastic sheet lying in the corner. We can cover Ten's body with that." Hoseok speaks up. They quickly covered Ten's body with the big plastic sheet.

It was difficult to walk in the jungle carrying a dead body when the rain is pouring so heavily and they walked without an umbrella simply because they can't hold an umbrella while the other hand was busy holding the dead body.