[37]

Chapter 37:: Hana's Door To The Afterlife

Jungkook scanned around the living room, and it was surprisingly very still, just the opposite of what happened here moments ago. He stood up from his place and slowly walked towards the fortune teller and Eun-kyung.

"What did just happened...?" Jungkook asked confusedly. Eun-kyung closed her eyes and rubbed her temples before shaking her head, "we don't know, it just happened all of a sudden." She answered.

"I don't know how others and the kids must have reacted to this scream?" Mina says with worry laced in her voice, indicating to those who were upstairs. Jungkook's eyes widen in realisation, when suddenly Taehyung's thought crossed his mind.

"J-jungk-kook" a faint fragile voice brought him back to reality, turning back to the direction of the voice he saw Taehyung running down the stairs holding an unconscious Woojin in his arms.
Jungkook immediately ran towards Taehyung and stopped him from taking any step further. "What the hell Tae? Why are you running?" Jungkook yelled in anger.

Taehyung's tears flowed down his cheeks as he looked down at Woojin in his arms and said, "Jungkook s-something happened to h-him " he says between his tears.

"I would have come to you, you didn't had to run like that on stairs. What if something happened to....." Jungkook trailed off, didn't wanted to finish the sentence so he quickly hugged Taehyung close to his chest, squeezing the little boy between them but he made sure not to hurt his baby bump. "I-im sorry, k-kook" the younger mumbled lowly.

Jungkook took the kid from Taehyung's hold and held him with his left arm, letting his head rest on his shoulder, while he protectively held his husband in his other arm guiding him downstairs.

As soon as Taehyung came down, Eun-kyung quickly held Taehyung by his wrists and made him sit in the couch, gently wiping off his tears. "Cupcake, you shouldn't be so selfless. You sure were trying to help him but what about you and your baby?" She asked, caressing his back gently.

"I was really w-worried for Woojin and it just happened." Taehyung looked down feeling guilty, he had promised Jungkook that he will take proper care of the baby and he just broke his promise. He could feel his husband staring at him but he can't bring himself to look in his eyes.

"Jungkook!" The said male turned around and saw a panting Namjoon at the door who had worry written across his face and behind him were standing Yoongi and Sehun equally worried as Namjoon.

"Woojin!" Namjoon shouts when he saw Woojin in Jungkook's arm and soon ran over to Jungkook and took his son from Jungkook's hold. "Hey my son, wake up. Your papa is here...." he says while desperately tapping his cheeks lightly in attempt of waking him up, but Woojin remains unconscious.

"Let me check him." Sehun stepped forward and placed his palm over Woojin's forehead. He narrowed his eyes then immediately snapped his head towards the kid's father, "he doesn't have any fever but.."

"But what?!"

"That's strange... I can feel a strange power in him." Namjoon was about to speak up but gets cut off.

"And I think it's because he is possessed." Mina completes Sehun's sentence.

Everyone's eyes widen at the newly shared information. "What nonsense?!" Namjoon exclaimed in disbelief. "I don't believe it, it sounds stupid!"