[36]

Chapter 36:: The Dead Bodies

Yoongi let his eyes scan around the silent room examining everybody's face then finally his eye's fell on Mina, who was standing by the window and seems to be thinking of something. He sighed before speaking. "You are saying this mansion is haunted, tell us what do we do now? Why are you so quite?"

Mina immediately understands that Yoongi was talking to her about. She turned around facing the male sitting on the bed. She ran her tongue over her dry lips to slightly wet it and said, "Namjoon said that Ji-ah confessed that Kim So Hyun's husband killed her and put her body in the basement, what if her body is still in there?"

Eun-kyung's eyes widen as she snapped her head towards Jimin sitting beside her, who was already looking at her and had the same expression as her. Then both turned back at Mina.

"If her body is still there then we can just get rid of that, what's the big deal in that?" Yoongi scoffed.

Mina looked at Yoongi, "you didn't understand me." She said with a slight frown. "If her body is still in the basement then she will obviously be roaming around in the house as ghost, it will just cause more troubles." She explained.

"We need to find her dead body inorder to catch her spirit and send her back to the afterlife, that's the only thing left to do. I can send her back but I need Sehun's help for reciting the prayers." Mina looked at Sehun waiting for a reply and the male immediately nods his head. 

"But we can confirm that only after we find her body, we don't even know if it is there or not, and for that we need to go down and check there." Jimin said, gaining others attention.

"Jimin is right, we shall not waste any more time in chatting here." Says Mina.

•••

"Oh fuck!" Jungkook suddenly cursed gaining others attention towards himself. Namjoon looks at him with a questioning look. "I don't have the key of the basement. When I bought this mansion I was told that I could not use that room."

"So this was planned by Byun Hwang. He was scared of someone finding his secret so he purposely didn't gave it to you." Namjoon says. "Anyways I'll better break this lock. It seems like I can do it."

He stepped forward holding the lock in his hand, he asked Jungkook to get something hard by which he could break it and the latter immediately got it. Namjoon then took the hammer and hit it hard a multiple times causing it to break.

He threw the broken lock in the corner quickly proceeding to open the door. And as soon as they pushed the heavy door, they could smell the rusty and metallic smells settling in their noses, along with an odor which they couldn't point out of what. Spider webs on every corner in the room and also on the old furnitures, old cracked paintings hanging on the dirty and dusty walls. The room was dark and lifeless.

"There is no sign of any dead body here." Jimin said, voice muffled due to a hand covering his mouth and nose due to the lot of dust particles present in the air. "What are we gonna do now?"

"There is indeed something here and I can feel it." Sehun says, covering his mouth with his arm. Mina turned to Sehun and nod her head. "Yes you are right, I can feel it too."

"Let's do it quick, I'm feeling so suffocated here." Jungkook quickly replies, eyeing the room. "Good that I didn't bring my Tae with me here."