10 : Practice

Rugby practice is so tiring. Mr Bell makes us have practice in the mornings some days and afternoon others.

"Are you and Miss Carter good, sir?" I ask Mr Bell on the way back after rugby practice.

He looks away from Mr Simpson, "Yes. Why?"

"No reason."

That's a lie. There is a reason - I have noticed Miss Carter acting differently around her husband, though he seems the same. There is something going on with her, that she didn't want Steve to know.

"Are you-" Mr Bell starts until he is cut of by his wife, who has only just arrived.

"You were up and out early this morning." She smiles gently.

"How else am I supposed to get this lot match fit, eh?"

I move back to stand between Riz and Cory, who throws his arm gently over my shoulder.

"You got mud on your face, bro." Riz laughs, pointing at Cory.

He looks down at me and I shrug.

"What do you want me to do?"

"I think he wants you to lick it off." Dan cackles.

I grimace, "Well, then he can fuck off. My tongue isn't going anywhere near him until we are both clean."

Cory pouts, rolling his eyes jokingly. We depart once we reach the changing rooms, allowing me to go to the girls.

____

I walk to my house after comforting Missy because Hayley has been taken away by social services. She was in bits so Nas and I went over to watch a movie.

I tiptoe upstairs, staying silent so Mum wouldn't hear me over the blasting TV. Jacob steps in front of me, before I enter my room.

"Don't tell me he is here just to fuck you."

"Who?"

"Cory. I've heard things about him."

I furrow my eyebrows, "Jake, you've know Cory for years. You know he's a nice lad inside."

He scoffs, "Just don't let him break your heart like he has every other girls."

I shove him roughly out the way before stepping into my room.

"Finally."

"Cory, why are you here?"

"Because."

"Because...."

He stays silent and I bite my lip anxiously,

"No."

"No?" He sits up on my bed, crossing his legs.

"I'm not doing it." I grumble, pulling off my blazer and throwing it onto the floor.

"Not doing what?"

"I'm not having sex with you."

His jaw drops, "I don't want to have sex with you - wait, no. I want to ... at some point. Just, not right now. I'm here because I sleep better near you."

I nod slowly before getting changed. He knows it makes me slightly uncomfortable if he stares so he lays down, making himself comfortable.

"Where were you anyway?"

"At Missy's. Hayley's been taken by social services." I reply, laying next to him.

"But can't Missy take care of her?"