15 : Vile

Cory and I are walking to school, hand in hand. I didn't want to enter school like this but he insisted that it's a good idea. I reluctantly agreed, and to be fair, it's not that bad.

A guy walks past us with his bike and stops a metre in front.

"You a new teacher, sir?" I ask, stopping beside him.

"Yes, I am. I'm Mr Hyatt."

"I'm Peyton Evershed. You'll be hearing a lot about me, sir." I smirk as we continue walking again.

"You'll be hearing too much about her," Cory sniggers, "I'm Cory Wilson."

"You two seem nice."

I bite back a laugh, "We are when we want to be."

A car rams into his bike and he topples towards us. Cory drags me back by my waist, stopping me from being knocked over. Mr Hyatt falls to the floor while students crowd around.

I bend down to him, "You alright down there, sir?"

"I should be okay." He mumbles.

Miss Keane rushes out of the car that just hit him, "Mr Hyatt! Are you alright?"

She helps him up and Miss Paracha storms over.

"Are you bloody stupid?" She yells and Cory snorts from beside me.

"Me?" Mr Hyatt furrows his eyebrows.

"You gotta go to the spec savers and get those eyes tested."

"Says the woman driving like Mr Magoo!"

I whistle and Cory moves us round so we can see them better.

Kaneez scoffs, "Don't use that language with me! That bike is like a bloody death trap."

Missy gently grabs her arm, "Come on, Miss Paracha, let's get you inside."

"Get his details. Make sure he pays for the damage." Kaneez snarls before being pulled away.

"Welcome to Ackley Bridge, Mr Hyatt." I sigh.

"You'll love it here." Cory adds before dragging me over to his friends.

"Peyton!" Dan chants as we walk over.

"Calm down, Danny boy." I roll my eyes.

"You know you love me." He winks and Cory smacks his chest.

Nas and Naveed walk over and Cory whirls around.

"Here he is, the man who managed to tame Nasreen Paracha!" He smirks.

Nas walks right past us, rolling her eyes and I decide to leave her alone, she doesn't need me harassing her.

Cory shuffles closer to Naveed, "She put out or what?"

I screw my face up in disgust and stare up at my boyfriend.

Vile.

"Don't be shy. We won't say owt." Dan chuckles.

Naveed slowly nods and the boys laugh, patting his shoulder in congrats. I step back slowly before hurrying off.

Rank boys.

___

Science with Mr Hyatt. Fun.

I sit in my usual seat, between Riz and Cory, though I face away from my boyfriend.

"I'm Mr Hyatt. I'm the one who is being paid a pitiful amount to get you through your A-levels." He sighs, "Yes, that's right. It's a potato! Yes. Just when you though biology couldn't get anymore exciting."