~97~

Brighid and Brooke had just finished up dinner together before taking a stroll to Brooke's car which had been parked a few blocks down closer to the Clothes Over Bros store.

"Hi, can we stop by the store. I left a few designs I don't want Victoria stealing" Brooke asked as the two walked down Main Street. Brighid agreed and the two slowly made their way over. Just as Brooke unlocked the store her phone rang. She looked down the street to find her car being towed.

"Oh my god. My car. I will be quick. They are in the back too drawer" Brooke said she ran down the street. Brighid stepped inside the dark, closed store.

She began to walk to the back of the store when the door opened, the bell faintly ringing. She turned around expecting to find Brooke instead a person in a hoodie began to attack her. She was shoved over the table of clothes before being punched in the face a few times until she was nearly passed out. The hooded bandit quickly grabbed a few things before running out of the store.

"Can you believe Victoria paid for- OH MY GOD. BRIG"Brooke shouted as she found her on the floor. She slowly helped her up before looking around the store.

"They took your sketches and money" Brighid muttered.

"I'm not worried about the money and sketches. I'm worried about you and the baby. We need to go to the hospital" Brooke said. She helped her off the floor before the two walked down the street to Brooke's car. The ride was quiet. "Did they take anything else?" Brooke asked. Brighid shook her head no. "Victoria is a sneak. She had threatened me earlier today. I bet she hired someone. It was so dark they didn't realize it was you and not me. I'm soooo sorry Brighid"

"It's fine Brooke" Brighid quietly said. She sat still in the car not able to move much. Her neck already was feeling sore.

The two arrived at the hospital to get Brighid checked out. She quietly sat in the chair, in the waiting room, next to Brooke who was more panicked and talkative.

"Are you sure your okay? I should really call Jake" Brooke rambled on trying to find her phone.

"Don't!" Brighid muttered. Brooke stopped quickly turning towards her.

"B. Scott-"

"I don't want Jake involved, especially if this was your mother. I'll just tell him I fell down the stairs. He's with Jenny visiting his parents for the weekend" Brighid explained. Brooke sighed dropping her purse down by her side.

"Scott" the nurse shouted. Brighid and Brook got up following the nurse to a room. Brighid was examined by the doctor shortly after.

"Well everything looks good. The babies seem to have no injuries. Rest for a few days"

"Babies?" Brighid questioned. The doctor shook her head before putting the machine away. "As for the black eyes, ice. By the way are you related to Dan Scott?" the doctor instructed before asking the question. Brighid shook her head yes. "He hasn't shown up for his heart transplant. We've been paging him for days"

Brighid looked at Brooke concerned as the doctor walked out. Brooke, however, was more worried about Brighid than Dan Scott.

Brooke drove Brighid home in silence. As they pulled up, Brighid hesitated to get out.

"I can stay the night if you need" Brooke mentioned. Brighid smiled at her, giving her nod no and then got out of the car. She opened the door before locking it behind her. She headed upstairs crawling into the bed.

The next morning she awoke to a sore and bruised body. Her eyes were practically shut closed from the swelling. The doorbell began to ring. Brighid apprehensive slowly walked to the door. When she peeked out the window she noticed it was Peyton looking extremely happy. Brighid opened the door.

"Hey, oh my. What happened?" Peyton asked as she stepped inside.

"I fell down the stairs trying to catch up on laundry while Jake and Jenny are gone. I slipped on one of Jenny's toys. I'm fine. What's got you all happy?" Brighid asked with no emotion. It was painful for her to speak but she tried to hide it.

"I know this sudden but Lucas and I are getting married"

"Oh, P. Sawyer. Congrats" Brighid said as she shuffled to the kitchen to grab a frozen bag of veggies gently placing it against her face. She instantly flinched.

"Are you sure you're okay?" Peyton asked. Brighid shook her head yes. "Well I should be going. I have to go tell Brooke"

Peyton left leaving Brighid all alone. She shuttered at the thought of being attacked once again.