~35~

The next morning Brighid nervously sat next to Brooke waiting to perform.

"Hey you got this" Peyton whispered to her. Brighid let out a deep breath.

"Up next is the Tree Hill Ravens" the announcer shouted into the mic. Everyone stood up looking excited and nervous.

"Okay now remember what Teresa said. This sucks. It will suck if we don't win. Now let's go" Brooke announced getting everyone feeling more nervous. Brighid smiled before taking the mat.

"Blue, black and white. Go Ravens" Brighid shouted posing, waiting for the music to turn on. When the music started Brighid did the routine. It felt natural and she was able to let go and have fun.

Brighid jumped and swung her arms around before hitting the final pose. The crowd cheered and Brighid couldn't help but smile.

"That was a awesome" Brooke said jumping up and down. The girls walked off the mat to the side of the gym.

"Hey it's nice to see you having fun" Nathan commented as Brighid walked by.

"It's short lived. I have a basketball game to get to" Brighid said running out of the gym and to her room to go get changed.
———
"Come on Scott" the women's varsity coach yelled. Brighid was on the court dribbling the ball unsure of the next move to make. She was practically cornered on each side.

She could feel the eyes off everyone on her. This is the pressure she didn't like. Brighid's eyes scanned the court once more.

"I'm open" a teammate yelled but Brighid could see the opponent closing in. She closed her eyes before prepping and shooting the ball from where she stood.

She watched as it soared through her sky smoothly landing in the basketball.

"Scott does it again. She's on fire" the announcer yelled. Halftime was called and Brighid walked over grabbing her water bottle. Trying to catch her breath.

"Take a break" the coach said to her, patting her on the back. Brighid quickly took the water bottle away from her mouth.

"Coach I can't. My dad is listening to the game. He's expecting me to play the whole time"

"Brighid others need to shine. This is high school"

"Coach, I've had a lot riding on me lately. I need this"

"Fine" he sighed. Brighid knew if she didn't play he'd be mad. Hell he'd be calling her the moment the game ended and then he'd be calling the coach. Neither wanted to have that conversation with him.

The break was over and Brighid ran back onto the court. As she waited for the other team to set up she noticed someone in the audience.

She quickly flicked her attention back to the court.

The minutes quickly dwindled down and Brighid shot the last basket. The crowd jumped in joy and the team huddled around her.

"THE RAVENS WIN"

Brighid smiled. Moments like these made her love this sport.

After everyone congratulated her she grabbed her bag slowly walking back to her room to freshen up.

"Great game" Jake said behind her.

"I'm convinced you're my stalker and I just forgot" Brighid joked as he walked next to her.

"Nah we are more liked well I don't know it's complicated"

"Complicated? Really?" Brighid asked. Jake was about to open his mouth when Brighid's cellphone began to ring.

"Hello? Hi dad. Yes we won. Hmmm. Scouts already? Yep, okay" Brighid said before hanging it up.

"Uhhhh, a weekend away from Dan Scott is never a weekend away" Brighid muttered.

"So scouts?" Jake asked.

"Yeah, apparently college offered are already coming in. My future is basketball after all" Brighid said sarcastically.

"You don't like it?"

"I love basketball, I just wish my dad wasn't involved in it. Cheerleading today was the one thing he couldn't control. You know?"

Jake laughed.

"What?"

"Nothing" Jake said before walking into his room. Brighid looked at him funny before doing the same.