~15~

"Brig for you" Deb yelled from the front door. Brighid who had been sobbing all night, woke the next morning being in no mood to leave the house.

"What do you want?" Brighid asked in a pissy tone.

"Someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed" Brooke joked.

"No, just mad at you" Brighid commented back.

"Shit, what did I do last night? Actually don't tell me. I'm sorry though really I am. I'm actually going to start new with karma. Guess I need to add you to the list. Want to come with Peyton and I?" Brooke asked rambling on. Brighid peeked out the front door to see Peyton in the front seat.

"No" Brighid said closing the door. Brooke's foot stopped the door from closing all the way.

"Please. I clearly owe you big time" Brooke pleaded. Brighid knew Brooke was completely drunk when she said all those things about her. Though it didn't change the fact that she said it she was willing to accept this new karma thing Brooke was offering.

"I'll be down in 5, and lunch is on you today" Brighid commented before closing the front door. Brooke jumped up and down clapping her hands together.

Three walked into the lingerie store with Peyton and Brighid confused as to why they were there.

"So explain to me how this fixes your karma again" Peyton asked Brooke who was looking through the rack of lingerie to try on.

"It doesn't but it's a total pick me up don't you think? Now try this on" Brooke said handing both girls tops. Peyton grabbed the leopard print one and Brighid grabbed a nude silk top.

"Ah, now the karma thing comes next. I've figured out a master plan where if I can fix the damage I've done to peoples love life, maybe, the universe will fix mine" Brooke explained while the girls got changed.

"That's a pretty long list Brooke" Brighid muttered as she slipped the cami on.

"Yeah, Nathan and Haley are at the top of it I presume. I screwed them over royally last night. Double karma points if I can undo that one. Do you think your brother is mad at me?" Brooke asked as the two girls walked out of the dressing rooms.

"I'm still mad at you" Brighid half joking half serious.

"Fabulous! I have such hot best friends. You know not everyone can pull off the skeazy-in-the-jungle vibe. Now I can fix you both up, too"

Brighid and Peyton exchanged a look of fright at the sound of Brooke being the match maker.

"No thanks! I'm done with the drama of dating. I just want to have some fun" Peyton sighed.

"Brig?" Brooke asked.

"I'm okay" Brighid awkwardly responded.

"Ooo it's because of Jagielski right?" Brooke asked. Peyton shot Brooke a look to keep quiet.

"Anyways... if fun is what you two are looking for then you'll be happy to know I got us invited to a party at Duke tonight" Brooke said with her evil grin.

"So much for you changing your ways" Peyton muttered.

"What? You two promise to have fun, and I promise to indulge in boys not booze"

"So what time are you picking us up?" Brighid asked. A big smile creeped on Brooke's face.

"Yeah, college boys" Brooke cheered bouncing around the lingerie store.