Chapter 16

"Wow! Dish' pie is real good!" Ethan smiled, the cramberrys getting all over hia face.

Nico rolled his eyes and used his sleeve to wipe down Ethans face.

"Thanksh Nico!" He nodded and turned to you.

A look of utter consentration was on your face.

He dared not to break it.

"Hey Y/n! Want some pie?" Ethan grinned. Nico resisted the urge to facepalm.

"Hm? Ah. No thanks. Don't want none..." "Mkay...Whats got you all thinky, huh?"

"Well...Gene said that there was someone else I could invite to the Parent-Child dance that wasn't Dante. I'm not sure what to do anymore! I asked Garroth, Travis, Zane, Laurance, Gene, Dante, Literally every guy on the street. I dunno what to do anymore."

Ethan gave you a deadpanned look, eye twitching.

"Your kidding, right?" "No, why?"

"I'd expect something like this from Rocky but you Y/n? Come on."

"Look--If you know the answer, please share! I'd looove to hear it!"

Nico struggled to calm his arguing friends, muttering small words of encouragement for you and giving Ethan some headpats sp he'd calm down.

"Hey guys." You greeted.

Aphamau, Aaron, Zane, and Gene all sat on chairs talking to one another before they turned theit attention to you.

"Hey kids! Did you enjoy the festivities?"

"Yup!"

"Though, Auntie Lucys crappy ex came in and started some trouble."

"I was boutta beat him up!"

You and Ethan called, forgetting all about the argument you were having previously.

"Well, no need to start a fight. It seems Laurance sure did though." Aaron chuckled.

"They keep looking over here.

"Hmph! Let them!"

"It's getting the the point where it's kind creepy." Zane scoffed.

"Oh, Hi Mr. Zane! When you'd get here?" Ethan waved.

"Good to know my presense means so little children such as yourself." The male scoffed.

"What happened with the guys?" You asked, instinctively getting into Aphmaus lap.

She wrapped her arms around your waist and rested her chin on your head with a huff.

Don't worry, she was careful to mind your ears!

"Its a long story...Just don't pay attention to them. I'm not in any mood to talk to them right now."

Ethan and Nico did what the women said, going as far as to give them a look of shame before turning their backs.

"Did we do it right?" "Yeah, Nice job." You praised, making Ethan grin and Nicos tail wag.

"Ahaha! It was kinda funny seeing you jump like that. And it doesn't seem like they were doing any harm."

The statement made Aphmau growl and turn to Aaron who seemed to be sweating nervously now.

"Bad choice of words, Aaron."

"I-I mean...Yeah! How dare they!"

"While they annoyed Aaron and I that they kept scaring you, I'm kinda on the fence about this one. Aaron is right. Is was a tad funny after the fact. But at the same time they were doing it to help Lucinda."