Chapter 015

Chapter 015 - Le Yao's Poker Cards

The next day, when Le Yao woke up, it was raining outside. He sat up with chicken-coop like messy hair on his head and his sight was still a little bit blurred. Upon hearing a familiar ringtone, he suddenly got excited and looked at his communicator. He was relieved to see that his loan had been paid off in full.

“What are you doing? Are you afraid that the money will be transferred again?” The General beside him said in a hoarse voice.

“No!” Le Yao stared at him. Xu Yao’s voice sounded deep and hoarse when he had just woken up. It created a strange sensation in his heart and he felt kind of hot. It would be better if Xu Yao’s expression didn’t look like that of someone who had bad intentions of teasing him everyday.

After staring at him for some time, Le Yao stood up and walked into the kitchen pridefully, with his head high and a puffed-out chest, with a vigour full of fighting spirit.

As soon as Xu Yao saw his little wife stride like a rooster, his mood to stay in bed disappeared, so he also got up. Although the sky hadn’t become bright, he went to take a bath and then came out with only a towel around his waist as usual. He sat on the sofa, lit a cigarette, put his pair of long legs on the tea table as he did habitually, and listened to the morning military news broadcast for him by his intelligent assistant, Leslie.

After a while, Xu Yao shouted, “Le Yaoyao, get me a glass of water!”

Hearing this, Le Yao instantly thought about two million yuan plus some that he owed. How dare he disobey his benefactor? So, he asked like a good wife, “Cool or warm?”

Xu Yao said, “Cool.”

Le Yao quickly got a cup of cold water for Xu Yao and handed it to him. He uttered these words like an obedient puppy, “General, your water.”

Xu Yao took the cup and raised his eyebrows as he asked, “How is it that I remember a certain someone telling me last night that they owed me money in the name of a wife? What did you just call me?”

Le Yao made a quick decision, “Brother Xu!”

“I don’t lack brothers,” replied Xu Yao flatly.

Le Yao: “…”

Xu Yao, damn you! If I ask a group of ghost brothers to trample on your body tonight, would you still dare to tease me?

The little-white-rabbit’s red eyes glowered into the dark-as-an-abyss eyes of the big wolf. The rabbit was naturally defeated and said, “Ah! My breakfast is going to be destroyed!”

He ran quickly to the kitchen after saying that. Xu Yao looked at the figure running away hurriedly as if he had just stepped on his tail.

While making breakfast, Le Yao tried to call him more intimately in his heart.

‘Husband’? ‘Dear’?

My god, how can I call him that? I feel goosebumps all over my body!

He furtively turned around to see what Xu Yao was doing. When he found that Xu Yao was staring into the kitchen, he quickly turned back and continued to cut the vegetables.

‘Clank-dang Clank-dang!’

Early in the morning, the General’s wife had managed to make the kitchen so lively just by himself.

Xu Yao didn’t feel upset by him at all. He just continued to watch the military news. When the aroma of food emitted from the table, he sat at the head of the dining table. He realized that today’s breakfast had a different menu: bread, barbecue, fruit salad, a jug of juice, food which looked full of color, and was fragrant and varied in nutrition. He suddenly felt comfort in his heart, glad that someone had prepared this breakfast for him alone.