Chapter 072

Chapter 072 - A Thorough Beating

Except for the Empress’ mother and son pair who hadn’t seen each other for many years, everyone else spoke in a low voice. So when Xu Yao shouted in a loud and angry voice, everyone immediately looked at Aldrich. They saw Aldrich, who had just been talking to Le Feishan, holding his neck with both hands. His face was completely red, and it looked as if he was going to be strangled to death in the next second. General Davis, who was next to him, tried to pull the ‘man’s hands’ away from his son’s neck, but found that it useless! He couldn’t touch the other person at all! The harder he tried to pull, the higher his son floated, until even he was being pulled up along with his son!

From the second floor, Grand Marshal Koncz saw that his grandson was being choked to death and furiously bellowed, “Xu Yao! What is the meaning of this?”

Emperor Kunta frowned and asked, “General Xu Yao, what did General Aldrich Davis say?”

Xu Yao didn’t answer Grand Marshal Koncz’s question, but directly responded to Emperor Kunta, “Emperor, just now General Aldrich said that he would wash away my wife’s mark and let him serve in their 17th Army. I’m sorry, it becomes hard for me to control my emotions after hearing such a sentence.”

Old Davis had actually clearly heard the words that his son had uttered, but he loudly disagreed, “Nonsense! He is sitting so far away from you! You can’t possibly have heard what he said!”

Xu Yao obviously didn’t let the ghost dressed in a hospital gown put Aldrich down. He said coldly, “I couldn’t hear it, but someone else could.”

Le Yao was quite surprised at the unexpected event of Aldrich getting strangled. However, his outside appearance showed that he seemed to be a little afraid as he held onto Xu Yao’s arm uneasily.

After hearing this, let alone Xu Yao, even Emperor Kunta and Empress got very angry. Emperor Kunta motioned for Xu Yao to release Aldrich first. Seeing that Xu Yao nodded to the scarlet-eyed ghost to convey his order, he then asked calmly, “General Aldrich, can you please explain? What do you mean by washing the mark?”

Aldrich Davis couldn’t smother his anger from being strangled, but he didn’t dare to ignore the Emperor’s words. He wobbled as he stood up and stuttered, “Emperor, he… they have slandered me.”

Xu Yao looked at Le Feishan and asked, “Father-in-law, did I slander him?”

Le Feishan was surprised at being called using the ‘father-in-law’ label, and while he was thinking about what he was going to say, he saw the ghost in the hospital gown look at him with a mocking smile on his lips. Previously, Xu Yao had asked this ghost not to follow them in, so Le Feishan had thought he didn’t really follow them in. Who would have known that he would suddenly pop out of the ground and strangle Aldrich! If someone could scare him, that would be Jiang Xinduo’s ex-husband! At that time, his affair with Jiang Xinduo had been discovered by this man, and that was why he devised an incident to end this man’s life. But now…

Le Feishan had to bite the bullet and said, “No.”

Aldrich’s eyes immediately widened as he exclaimed, “Le Feishan, don’t talk nonsense!”

Le Feishan didn’t dare to look at Old Davis and Grand Marshal Koncz. He said, “I haven’t said any nonsense. Didn’t you come to my house to discuss this last night?” Le Feishan paused, and seemed to be recalling something. Then he told Emperor Kunta, “Emperor, please allow me to use my communicator. I can prove that what I’ve said isn’t a lie.”

As per the Emperor’s rule, before they entered the Royal Palace, all communicators should be handed over to security, so that they wouldn’t be used in the Hall of the Great Moon.