Chapter 101

Chapter 101 - Restoring The Calm

By the time Xu Yao left their house, Wan Deqing’s body had already been taken away, and the Le Feishan and Le Tianyu duo had been imprisoned. Even the hover car which had borne witness to the previous bloody incident had been thoroughly sterilized, and not a single stain remained. This was simply another scenario which emphasised Tang Ye, Yan Jie and Uncle Ming’s efficiency in handling matters.

It seemed that there was nothing more for Xu Yao to do until the Emperor had decided on the steps to be taken in the aftermath of such an incident.

This incident had caused Emperor Kunta to think through many things and consider ideas that were previously unimaginable. At the beginning, he really couldn’t quite accept Xu Yao’s words, but after thinking about it, it wasn’t really a bad thing.

First of all, he had a clear understanding of Xu Yao’s integrity. He could not remember even the slightest of faults in his service towards the Empire, not by Xu Yao nor by the people under him, that had happened in the past few years. Moreover, Xu Yao was always respectful towards him and the Empress.

Secondly, Xu Yao’s special ability had not been used inappropriately or for self-interest in any way. Most importantly, the couple’s fury today had also been driven by the need to save him from Le Feishan’s hand.

Coming to this point, their deeds today should actually be considered as a meritorious contribution for protecting the Emperor. Otherwise, with Xu Yao’s ability, wouldn’t it simply be a matter of minutes if he ever decided to take his life?

Although he was somewhat envious of Xu Yao’s powerful ability, the Emperor still had the necessary tolerance. So not long after, Emperor Kunta announced that he would officially recognise Xu Yao as a brother with a different surname, after which he swiftly snatched Xu Yao’s three roasted eggplants during dinner!

If he can’t suppress or oppose the other, then the closer they get, the better!

The Empress raised a hand to cover his face in embarrassment. “You are really not polite.”

Emperor Kunta said, “You shouldn’t be too polite either. Wife, isn’t it better to be casual like this? Since we will become a family soon, don’t be so restrained. If we are too reserved, they’ll feel uncomfortable. Isn’t that right, Xu Yao?”

The Emperor had now stopped calling Xu Yao by his official name and title, and simply used his real name directly.

Xu Yao smiled and replied, “Yes.”

Emperor Kunta knew that Xu Yao wouldn’t make things difficult for him.

Even before Xu Yao had recovered his memories, the Emperor had always treated him, this ordinary General, well, so there was no need to refuse these good intentions. In any case, Xu Yao also didn’t hold any lofty ambitions of seizing the Emperor’s throne.

On the contrary, it was Le Yao who was still feeling a little uneasy. During the afternoon, when his ‘Prince of Fengdu’ spiritual power was awakened, he was a little out of control and had exerted too much force. Even up until now, his embarrassment at his unruly behaviour had yet to fade.

When Emperor Kunta and his wife had entered their house, the Royal Guards had looked at him with curiosity and caution. It seemed that they wanted to observe him yet also dared not to actually look.

Le Yao felt speechless when faced with such actions.

If not for the Empress, who always spoke in time to ease the awkwardness, there was no way that Le Yao would have been able to finish his meal.