Chapter 067

Chapter 067 - His Past

Le Yao fell into a strange speculation.

On one hand, he told himself that Xu Yao was now living in the ‘living world’ and not in the Underworld. In addition, Xu Yao’s yang energy was so strong that it was impossible for his origin to be from the Underworld. Xu Yao should just be a very gifted human. On the other hand, he knew that Xu Yao could not be possessed by spirits and he could quickly resolve any grievances without the interjection of any external power. Xu Yao could also draw his own talismans without requiring God’s divine power. He only needed a piece of paper, a brush and some cinnabar liquid, and not just any individual could do this.

Thus unconsciously, Le Yao started to observe Xu Yao more and more. He started at him when he ate, watched TV, or when they had a meeting. Whenever he looked at Xu Yao, he would become distracted.

Was he the reincarnation of a God? Maybe not…

But if not, how could he explain how Xu Yao had so many abilities that were different from ordinary people?

Currently, the Underworld had no ruler. Lord Yan was absent, and all of his underlings were also absent. 

Where did they go?

Le Yao had previously asked Ji Fengyu about them. But after he didn’t get an exact answer, he had stopped thinking about them temporarily. Now, he began to wonder about it again.

For most people, who hadn’t seen anything in the Underworld, they would think that the King of Hell or Lord Yan didn’t exist at all, but Le Yao knew that these beings did exist. Otherwise, whose divine power did he borrow each time he prayed, and which God was he asking for blessings? Since the talismans he drew could be used, it meant that the Gods were still present.

But where’s Lord Yan?

Reincarnated? Disappeared? Or…

When he was a child, Le Yao remembered that he had asked his Master, was Lord Yan a God? At that time, he knew that ghosts existed in the Underworld. Then, his brother had told him that Lord Yan was the highest official in the Underworld’s government, and so he had thought that Lord Yan was the Ghost King. Later, when he was older, his Master had corrected his mistaken notions and told him that Lord Yan was a God himself. Lord Yan was the tenth youngest brother of the Jade Emperor. The Gods manage Heaven and Earth. Although Lord Yan had been in the Underworld for many years, he was originally a God.

If he is a God, how come he’s gone now?

If what Uncle Ming said was true, could Xu Yao really be the one who was born on Earth after ‘he’ had disappeared?

“Le Yaoyao, tell me, do you want to go back to Xingdu?” The night before they left for Tarot, Xu Yao observed Le Yao silently stare at him for the nth time and was slightly stunned. He couldn’t help asking, “Are you afraid of seeing the Emperor and Empress?”

“No. I didn’t do anything bad. Why should I be afraid to see them?” He continued, “Husband, please be honest with me. Apart from being able to make the talisman by yourself, do you have any special skills which others don’t have?”

“Yes.” Xu Yao smirked, “I’m very good at making triplets.”

“Husband!” Le Yao elbowed Xu Yao’s abdomen. “I’m being serious!”