1

Heejin made her life as simple as she could. She went to school, dreamed to study piano, and she tried not to be a bad person.

She thought of herself as someone who didn't deserve evil, who was good to the others. She had decided to believe that life would somehow reward her for being nice.

The reward? To never meet her soulmate.

Ever.

She dreaded the time her lifespan stared to depend on someone else. She hated to think she would need to cling onto someone else to survive. That only made her blood boil.

Heejin wanted to be independent.

That day, she had left school early because she wanted to get herself a birthday present. She had worked for a while so she could afford a Stray Kids plushie.

She skipped happily towards the shopping mall, her destination already on her mind.

Ever since she'd moved to a performing school, she'd started living alone. And as a stray, the first thing in her list was to decorate her room with SKZ merch.

She had already been to a concert in Seoul, her first year living alone. Now it was the second year, she'd turned eighteen a couple of months ago, and she only needed Quokka to complete her plushie collection.

The first time she'd gone to buy it, it had been sold out, so she had to wait until the next shipping came. And that day was today.

As soon as she looked at her soon to be plushie, an enormous grin had made its way on her lips. She hugged it first thing, and then went over to pay for it.

The shopping mall was strangely empty, and she walked happily with her Quokka safely on its bag, and bought an ice cream. She was so happy she had finally gotten a hold of the final plushie.

She was so distracted, she bumped into someone, her ice cream falling on their shirt and her Quokka out of its bag. The first thing she did was reach for the plushie, not wanting it to get dirty, but as soon as it was secure in her hold again, she started apologizing profusely because only then she realized she had smeared all of her ice cream on their shirt.

She closed her eyes tightly after only catching a glimpse of him, and begged for forgiveness as she bowed. But turns out, he bowed too, and their heads bumped.

And the strangest thing happened. It was like she'd walked into a place in which her limps weighed so much, so she could barely move, but a complete feeling of calm washed over her. She wanted to panic, because she knew what this meant, but it was impossible when all she could feel was like something she'd always needed was finally within reach.

After a while, she came out of her trance, only to find herself being held by a man in black, just as him was. They both looked like some kind of bodyguards, and she wondered who the hell was her alleged soulmate.

But then, her chest ached. Like burning, or when you get a paper cut. She wouldn't be sure how to describe it, but it hurt so much, too much. She clung to her shirt and looked towards her heart, the source of her aching.

And there, in her skin, the v had turned into an iv.

Heejin just panicked, and looked as her soulmate looked as stressed out as her.

Now what?