4

"He held me by the arms to keep me from falling. I guess I haven't quite finished bonding with you, so I felt dizzy", her eyes were watery now. "Since I'm wearing short sleeves, it was skin to skin", she bit her lip.

She could feel Soobin's confusion and slight hurt at the mention of her bonding with Kai. He was jealous of having to share her, she knew, but he was also scared and thinking really hard.

"Do you think...", she looked into her first soulmate's eyes.

"Yes, it would make sense", he nodded.

"I'm sorry guys, but we need some insight here", Beomgyu stated.

She was holding Huening Kai's arm in one of her hands, Soobin's hands still not leaving her cheeks.

"We think you three may be her soulmates, too".

"Five soulmates?", Taehyun gasped.

Heejin started, little by little, to understand and be able to distinguish Soobin's and Kai's feelings from hers. But it still was hard to distinguish between theirs. So now she felt confusion, fear, jealousy, excitement and numbness from the bonds.

"Can you stop worrying, please", she groaned when the feelings had become too loud for her.

"Sorry", Kai murmured.

"It's okay. Just..., we are going to have to have a sleepover", she smiled a little and the younger one blushed profusely.

"Yeah", Soobin only then looked away from her eyes.

She felt the rush of anxiety growing through her bond, and she figured it was Soobin's, since she hadn't felt it when they were immersed in their own world, looking into each other's eyes.

"Okay", she sighed. "Would you lend me a shirt and some boxers?", she asked the oldest of her two soulmates. "So I can change into them to sleep".

"Do you want to sleep now?"

"Today's been very eventful and I am super tired", she mumbled, darting her eyes towards her hands.

"It's okay, noona", she heard Kai's words and felt a little better. "I could sleep now".

"When couldn't you?", Beomgyu scoffed and Yeonjun smacked his head.

"So what do we do about... this situation?", Taehyun intervened. "I mean, it's not certain that we're all bonded to you, but if we are, I think it can be too overwhelming for noona", he bit his lip.

It was true. Only the soulmate that was over eighteen was in danger when they didn't receive physical contact from their soulmate. So, as of now, Heejin was the only one who could die from lack of touch.

Soobin and Kai would feel tired and sick, but when their turned eighteen would be the moment they would need to bond with their soulmate in order to survive.

So at this moment, Heejin's life was at stake, and she relied on both Kai and Soobin to care for her well-being.

"If we all touch her, even accidentally, then she will need to bond with all of us so she can live", Taehyun furrowed his eyebrows.

You need to bond (have physical contact with your soulmate for as long as you can in the span of 24 hours) every time you encounter a soulmate. It is not common for people to be soul groups, but it happens. And when it happens, every time you touch a soulmate, you need to complete the bond.

"She will literally have to bounce between us all so she can live, that's not fair", he mumbled. "It's better to touch her later on. Ideally, when we are eighteen, so we will need to bond only one time".

"You mean you will avoid her for years?", Beomgyu's eyebrows furrowed. "Even if you're not certain she is actually your soulmate?"

"She is here", Heejin scoffed. They all turned to look at her. "For now, let's not try to touch. I will manage myself after I have finished bonding with Kai and Soobin. Then we can talk about this other situation, okay?", she finished with a small smile.

"Noona, here", Soobin handed her a black shirt that would definitely look oversized on her, and some boxers. "They are clean".

"Thanks for the info I didn't need", Yeonjun rolled his eyes and got up.

She giggled when Soobin's cheeks turned pink, and kissed his cheek lightly. That touch gave her a rush of emotions and energy she didn't know was possible to feel. She gasped and placed her fingers on her lips, her eyes growing in size.

"That was amazing", Soobin stated almost dreamily.

"I want one too, then!", Kai spoke up after watching the interaction and Heejin just smiled.

"You have to earn it".

"You can wear my underwear, noona! I have one with pineapples! Wait here!", he was about to leave when Heejin just giggled and took his cheeks on her hands, and made him bow his head.

She kissed his forehead and smiled at the content sigh that left Kai's lips.

"You earned it by making me laugh", she smiled.

"Thank you, noona".

___
aaa don't we love cute kai?

-baobab.