14

The way her lips still tingled was a constant memory of that night's kiss. Her first kiss with Yeonjun.

He, of course, had been avoiding her. And she knew why.

When their lips touched, his eyes started spilling tears and she could feel him at more ease with each second. He grabbed her by the waist and engulfed her in a hug while still kissing her, no centimeter of distance between them.

Yeonjun kissed her as if she was breathing him back to life. And Heejin knew he felt like that because the bond was swarmed with peace and pleasure, and not an ounce of pain or sadness.

Her lips had washed his pain away.

"We need to talk", she closed the door behind her.

"We don't", he replied, his eyes never falling on Heejin. She sighed. "Also, the next charging time is when we get home", he commented.

"I know".

"Then why don't you leave?"

"I'm not leaving until we talk", she said simply and took a seat next to him.

Yeonjun sighed, and Heejin could feel his annoyance through the bond. She was sure he was trying very hard to send it so she would go away. But she wasn't going to. Not now that she knew he needed someone.

Heejin wanted to be that someone Yeonjun could lay on. It was her soul screaming with all its will that she needed to work things through and be in peace with her soulmate. It was the only way to move forward, and she was going to push him as much as she could until they talked about the other night's events.

Every night she went to sleep worried she'd wake up in the middle of the night feeling that same agonizing pain and sadness. She didn't want that, and she really didn't want him to ever feel like that again, either.

"So...", Beomgyu broke the deafening silence. He rolled his dice, moved through the board and smiled. "I am buying Illinois Avenue".

Okay, so Yeonjun had been ignoring her ever since she stormed into the studio he was working in. Soobin thought a game night would make the awkwardness wash away.

"Money", Heejin signaled towards his never ending pile of fake bills.

"I'm pretty sure you guys are cheating", Soobin pouted before rolling his own dice. "Jail, again".

"At least you won't lose more money, hyung", Kai smiled and Soobin couldn't be mad at him.

Heejin felt a warm feeling. It was not Beomgyu's –he was feeling relaxed–, not Soobin or Kai, who were having fun and their binds were filled with another type of emotion.

This was Yeonjun.

She smiled, because the warmth that enveloped her from his bond was very nice. It felt like a hug under a blanket, like Yeonjun himself was holding her close to his chest and pressing his lips to her forehead. It felt like love.

It felt so nice, and Heejin wondered what was going through his mind, because she wanted that thought to linger a little but longer, so he could relish on that tender emotion.

"Noona, it's your turn", she rolled her dice and moved through the Monopoly board until she landed on Kai's property.

"Yes!", he punched the air comically and then held his hand open so she could pay him.

"You are too cute", she smiled and handed him the fake money.

She could almost feel Yeonjun replying to her "he is". And then she understood. These guys, the four of them, made Yeonjun happy. He felt warmth and cozy and happy around them. They were his family, and he loved them dearly.

Oh, how she wished he loved her dearly, too.

"Oh, fuck. She has a hotel in this fucking Tennessee Avenue", Taehyun growled and handed her the money.

And it happened. The deep pain surging on her tattoo, the explosion of emotions, the confusion. She clutched her shirt over her tattoo, knowing what it meant.

But this time, the pain didn't go away as rapidly as it had in the past. It lingered, it scratched her skin from the inside and it felt like she was tearing open.

Her eyes swelled up and tears started spilling from her eyes, and she could feel the panic from her other soulmates. Soobin was holding her hand, letting her clutch it as tightly as she needed to. Beomgyu was already calling an ambulance, and Kai was tending to Yeonjun, who seemed to be in the same excruciating pain she was in.

With her eyes barely open, she could see Taehyun completely fine. He had a knowing look in his face and she couldn't quite understand if it was of relief or if he was feeling distressed.

Her own pain mixed with Yeonjun's and it swirled all around her.

"I can't", she panted, now the feeling was all around and inside her. Agonizing tingling of tearing skin. "I can't!"

Then, everything went black.

ㅁㅁㅁ

Opening her eyes was a difficult task. She wanted to, but her body and wasn't reacting to her commands.

Trying again, she was now more conscious of the sounds surrounding her and the smells. And the pain.

It was like she had burned her chest right on the spot her soulmate mark was.

"Guys?", she called out very quietly. She could hear them in the room, but not close enough. Damn, her throat was dry.

She tried to open her eyes again and finally could, being met with soft light and her room.

Sitting up, she realized she was semi naked, and Yeonjun was next to her too, only in his underwear just like her.

What the hell happened?

She hadn't felt like this, not even that time Yeonjun had ignored her so bad she almost died. Her soulmate mark had never hurt so much when first touching any of them, and where was Taehyun?

Weren't they supposed to be bonding?

"Noona", Kai entered the room with a wet towel in warm water, but left it on the desk before rushing towards her. "Oh, god", he didn't even think about it and went in for a soft peck of the lips.

All her concerns washed away and he pressed reassurance through the bond.

"I think you want answers", Taehyun entered to the room.

"I do, too", Yeonjun sat up but lost balance and fell back to the bed again.

"Wel..."