20

"Now it's my turn", Huening Kai had been waiting for his turn with Heejin. "I will literally die", he mumbled dramatically.

"Boy, you've been cuddling Beomgyu for the past 24 hours, what are you talking about?", she giggled while Taehyun kissed her cheek so his seat next to Heejin could be occupied by the maknae.

"I still need noona time!", his cheeks were red as beets.

"Are you blushing because of noona time, or because of Beomgyu time? I bet you guys kissed all night long", she teased, wiggling her eyebrows towards the youngest and making kissing noises.

"Noona!", he shrieked, hiding his face in his hands.

"It's okay, little one", she mumbled and ruffled his hair. He sat, defeated at her teasing, and then wrapped his arms around her, feeling instantly calmer.

"What are we having for dinner?", Soobin entered the living room, to Heejin and Kai cuddling, and Taehyun turning the TV on to watch something.

"I thought it was Yeonjun's turn?", she furrowed her eyebrows.

"He's out", the leader scratched his head.

"Out?", she smirked at the butterflies she could feel erupting on Soobin's stomach through the bond. "Why's he out?"

"He's buying something".

"Okay", her voice was suspicious and she had to breathe in a long gulp of air as to not erupt in giggles at the feelings twirling inside her dongsaeng. "Why don't you ask him to get some takeout, then?"

"Noona, you're so smart", Kai said, nuzzling more into her and she giggled.

"Maratang?", Soobin asked before starting texting Yeonjun.

"Sounds good to me", she nodded and Taehyun and Kai said it was okay, too. "Is Yeonjun out with Beomgyu?"

"No, he's out at the store", Soobin avoided her eyes.

"Are they on a date?", Heejin looked right into Soobin's eyes. "You know I can read you like a book, Soo. Don't lie to me", she then licked her lip expectantly.

"Yes they are!", he then took a pillow from the sofa and covered his face. "Hyung said not to say anything about it to anyone!", he mumbled onto the soft material.

"It's okay", she smiled. "I can tell they're having a good time", she tried going through the bonds individually and she could feel the same warm feeling coming from Yeonjun and Beomgyu's.

It had been a month since they all finally bonded to her. And she had learned to tell apart each of their bonds. Whenever she went through them, she actually could sense different sensations surrounding each of their bonds.

Kai's bond reminded her of sweet cotton candy.

Like the soft caress of the sweetness on your tongue when taking a bite and the amazing aftertaste it leaves when you swallow. Like that eternal sugary overload that lasts both an eternity and a second, and the way your lips feel like they've been coated with the most compelling taste you've ever had.

As if you're never going to have something sweeter and fluffier, and that you want to hold on to that moment forever, even if eating the cotton candy lasted only for a couple of minutes and your fingertips got sugary goo all over them.

Like licking each fingertip as to embrace even the last little taste of heaven you can get. Like the addictive feeling of wanting to have more and more out of it.

Soobin's bond had the atmosphere of a calm day at the beach.

Like looking for the perfect little rock to make a necklace with, or the way the salty wind makes your hair flutter in the air and your shadow look longer when you're under the sun.

Like writing your name in the sand and watching the waves take it away, taking the little writings with it to eternity. Like standing perfectly close enough to the water that when the waves crash, the water just touches above your ankles and you can feel the sand under your feet going back to the deep ocean when the wave retrieves.

Like that eternal moment of silence and comfort that is both fascinating and so short you can't get enough of it. Like watching your skin tan, and the salt of the air make it glowing and the warmth embracing you as a whole. Like the shock on your skin between hot sun rays and cold ocean water.

Taehyun's bond felt like watching the winter sunset with a cup of hot cocoa.

The tingling sensation of being able to look at the most beautiful colors in the sky and feeling your skin turn a warmer tone as the golden hour surges through.

Like the small mustache of chocolate goodness that you lick off your upper lip with a smile, and then wipe off with the back of your hand. Like the tip of your nose feeling a bit cold, but not cold enough for you to feel like freezing, and the warm steam of the cocoa embracing it each time you take a sip.

It felt like a moment you want to keep forever in your memory, a grasp of chocolatey smell surrounding the artwork of whoever paints the sky all the different pinks, oranges and yellows hues and mixes them to create a masterpiece.

Like the feeling of wanting to take a picture to make it last forever, to grasp onto it a little longer as golden turns to dark.

Beomgyu's bond evoked the image of a bubble bath.

Like that first moment you dip your toes in the water and feel the refreshing way it caresses your skin. Like putting on some scented candles and turning the lights off as you're surrounded by nothing but warmness and calm.

It felt like touching the bubbles and feel them slowly pop on your skin at the contact, the way the water makes that special noise when you twirl your hands on the surface or move a little to find that perfectly relaxing spot.

It felt like the moisture on your skin after long hours of challenging life, like watching your fingertips get wrinkles because of the long time you've been in the water, and the fresh feeling of a cozy towel after leaving the bathtub.

Like the embrace of a warm robe while you lay on top of your bed and close your eyes, just about to doze off into infinity.

Yeonjun's bond felt like watching a fireplace in the middle of the woods at night.

It resembled the way the warmth embraces you whole and makes you dizzy as the crispy sounds of wood cracking make the ambiance seem like it belongs in a movie.

Like the way you dip your marshmallow in and watch it fascinatingly get browner and browner until the sugar has burned and then popping it in your mouth after making sure it's not as hot.

It was like rubbing your hands together before putting your palms facing the fire, like looking at the night sky and how the little sparkles of fire elevate and doe down in between twinkling stars.

Like playing the guitar and singing with your friends while everyone's off tune, and you look at them and they are all smiling, and you feel like that's the place where you belong. Like running your fingertips through the ground while you all talk about whatever, and you can feel the grass, leaves, sand, earth living beneath you, and you feel so minuscule yet like everything is revolving about you.

Like placing your head on someone's shoulder as the breeze surrounds you both, and they move a little so your head rests nicely and you're not uncomfortable looking at the fire. Like the last sparkle of fire before going to sleep. Like that infinite moment of bliss you get once the fire is alive after trying to light it up for longer than you had expected.

They all felt like comfort, like the world could be conquered just by holding onto them, just by looking into their eyes and trusting.

And Heejin wanted to laugh at herself. She wanted to laugh at the naïve girl she was several months ago, when she had sworn she would never like having a soulmate.

Yet here she was, and she would never change it for anything else in the world. She belonged here, with them, and they belonged to her. Because their souls were connected.

Because they were meant for each other.