2

Her index finger was almost not touching her soulmate's hand. She was told that some important news were about to be disclosed to her, so she followed the scary men in black towards a van.

As soon as they entered, the boy reached for her touch. She knew what he was feeling; she could feel it to. It ached.

So she laid one finger on his smooth skin. And she rode silently.

How was it that she had found her soulmate the same day she'd been blessed to find Quokka? It had to be a bad joke, or at least it seemed so.

Heejin was sure she was the only one in the world who didn't want to find her soulmate, and sometimes she thought she never would and she was happy with that.

"I'm Soobin", stated the boy, earning a roll of the eyes from Heejin.

"Heejin", she shrugged.

"Okay", the boy murmured. Heejin was battling between the irony of her fate and also the feeling of need that was taking over her (her soul wanting to connect to the other). "Hum... should I call you Heejin-ssi?"

I would rather you don't call me, she thought. But she knew she didn't have to be that evil towards him. She could sense him a little nervous and also excited, and she couldn't help but wish she felt a bit like him, but she couldn't.

"I'm from 99", she stated. She looked towards him and his eyes were big.

"You're my noona", he whispered and her lips tugged upwards a bit.

"You're younger?", she said surprised. "You don't look younger".

"I'm from 2000", he shrugged.

"Ah, month?", she wondered.

"December", he gulped.

"Ah, I'm from April", she stated. "My birthday was last month", she mumbled.

"You're Yeonjun hyung's noona too", he looked shocked.

"I'm sorry, who?", she was so confused.

"Ah, you don't know us", he smiled. The pull was too much for her to refuse it, so she placed her palm on top of Soobin's hand. A sigh of relief left her lips. "We are an idol group", he stated.

"But you are all so... young", she mumbled. Even though she was angry at fate, Soobin had a way to make her feel at ease and to lower her walls.

She wondered if it was because he was her soulmate, or if his personality was always this alluring. To be a quiet boy, he definitely had a reassuring aura about him.

They stopped at an apartment complex, the bodyguards helping them out and into Soobin's dormitories.

"There's no one else today", he explained. He was holding onto Heejin's hand as if his life depended on it. Well, it did. "Our manager will come explain some things after everyone is done for the day. The guys will come too", they walked towards the couch.

"Okay", she sighed.

There was no point in being a burden. Fate had already made her way and she had found her soulmate. So now it was time to stop acting up and to start following life's rules. She could feel Soobin's nervousness sipping through, and it stared making her feel uneasy.

"Can you stop?", she mumbled when they sat at the couch with their hands still in the other's hold.

"Huh?"

"You're nervous", she furrowed her eyebrows.

"You're annoyed", he responded softly.

"I'm just not happy".

"Why?"

"I didn't want to find you", Heejin responded truthfully. "I had already made up my mind about living without a soulmate".

Soobin's shock came through the bond. Even when their skin bonding was weak, his emotions seemed to be loud. Too loud.

"Don't seem so surprised", she snorted. "Now that I know you're an Idol, I dread it even more. I will have to give up my life so we can live", she sighed.

Soobin understood, she felt it.

"Oh".

"Yeah".

He suddenly turned his whole body to face her, his eyes scanning every inch of her face. She felt a bit shy under his scrutiny, but she held eye contact the whole time. Their hands were linked but she still felt the need to reach out to him and touch.

She could feel he wanted to, too. So she nodded. It was as if they only had their emotions and body language to communicate with each other, and somehow that was okay. That was better than talking and explaining. She didn't like talking about herself, or at all, actually.

But when the warmth of Soobin's hand reached her cheek, she gasped and a satisfied hum left her lips. It was as if she'd never felt this kind of pleasure before, like finally a piece that was missing was falling into place. So she leaned into the touch, her eyes fluttering closer and Soobin's contentedness flowing through their bond; the bond that was getting stronger and she could feel it.

But, somehow, she needed more. Now that she'd had a taste of his touch, she dreaded for more, so she carefully opened her eyes to find Soobin already looking at her with knowing eyes. He needed it too.

So she placed her hands on the bottom hem of his shirt and then they travelled inside, touching his skin, and making Soobin's eyes flutter shut and the same satisfied hum to escape his lips. His other hand came in contact with her other cheek, Heejin's senses almost clouding with peacefulness and pleasure.

"Hmm", was what made them part ways. But Soobin still reached his hand out to hers, her palm coming in contact with his, and the feeling getting softer but never fading.

"She's pretty, hyung!", a boy stated.

"Shush", another one stated. "They need privacy to bond".

"Before that", a man cam through the door and Soobin got up instantly, dragging Heejin to her feet too. "We need to sort some things out".