10

"And we were so worried that he was an asshole", Beomgyu held Heejin close to his chest and she giggled.

Yeonjun rolled his eyes and earned himself an elbow on the ribs from Kai. He sighed and waited until the clock went off, signaling the end of their 24 hours.

He rapidly got up from his seat next to Heejin and let go of her hand as if she had a contagious disease. Then, he just left the room and probably the apartment altogether.

"He's so rude", Heejin mumbled against Beomgyu's chest and he cooed.

"Noona, it's okay. You just have to make sure he touches your hand for a little while every day and it will be fine. You don't even need to talk to him".

She sighed and nodded, while Soobin smiled bitterly.

"I am sorry you feel like he doesn't want you here", he stated.

"Because he doesn't..."

"We will make him change his mind, okay?", Kai stated, feeling the gloomy state Heejin was getting into.

It was hard. She knew she didn't want to have soulmates, and she knew that she herself had been rude, but now that it was her turn to be on the other end of the rough treatment, it hurt more than she thought it ever would.

Having the person who is supposed to love you unconditionally and endlessly to be that disgusted by you, made her feel like crying and hiding beneath the covers while listening to sad french music.

"Hey, it's gonna be fine", Taehyun smiled even though he was still avoiding touching her.

It was somewhat different, though. The way he avoided her now didn't make her feel unwelcome, and she knew he was actually trying his best to make her feel better.

What had changed? And why?

When she had woken up, all four of them were looking at her ans Heejin didn't remember how she ended up almost naked and curled up in between Yeonjun's arms. He had been avoiding touching her as much, so it didn't make too much sense to have him wrapped around her as if they were two puzzle pieces.

But it felt fine. Refreshing. As if it was meant to be... because it was. She felt safe in between his arms and even when the anxiety levels of her other three soulmates pounded through the bond, she still felt warm and comfy, and calm.

Yeonjun made her feel calm whenever he touched her but then...

Then he would stop.

And bitterness took over. As if now, she would only ever feel calm when touching him. But he was taking it away from her, pushing a feeling close to hatred through their bond, and making her heart ache.

"Noona", Beomgyu brushed his fingers through her hair, making her hum in delight. "It's okay. There's no way he won't come around", he murmured and then slowly pressed his lips to her forehead.

And then, it was as if the last few hours of feeling sad were gone within a fraction of a second. The mere touch of his lips on her skin made her tingle all over with a happiness so intense, every other feeling had been numbed.

She let a small sigh of contentedness slip through her lips and adjusted herself so now her face was hidden in the crook of his neck, and closed her eyes as he held her between his arms, keeping her away from all bad thoughts and feelings.

"That's better", Kai commented. "Well, now I'm hungry, so... who's up for some takeout?"