This is it(2)

Rhea's POV

As we reached home, my anxiety came rushing back to me, I need to stay with the pack, if I am left alone, then my mom could pounce on me with questions for which I don't have answers.

Everyone was back in the hall, Di was telling them about the movie and how we cried, Jiju and Vikram were playing with Yash and my mom kept stealing glances at Vikram.

Oh my god she knows! My heart keeps beating faster and faster as time goes by. But dad is acting casual, is he pretending like he knows nothing and internally freaking out like me?

"I need some water," I said to no one in particular and rushed to the kitchen. I sipped the water observing the parents. I can see them making eye contact and nodding slightly.

They are going to do this. Does that mean...does that mean they like Vikram or maybe just wanted to talk to him before giving their decision. I need to be there, I slowly walked to the hall taking a seat beside Di.

My mom stood up," come on Rhea, take your bag, we need to sort some things..I mean some clothes for festival," she said walking upto stairs.

Holy shit she wants to talk to me, what am I going to do?

I nodded and took my bags, glancing everyone as I walk upstairs, Vikram gave me a small smile, all I could think was how our future is now in my hands.

I need to play it cool and act as if everything is normal until my mom burst the bubble," did you see my lehnga it's so pretty, do you like it?" I opened the dress and showed it to her.

"It's good, the color would suit you," she said observing the cloth. Come on mom, do it, I am done with my small talk.

As if on cue she spoke," Rhea, I need to talk to you, come here," she patted the seat next to her. I sat beside her waiting for her to continue.

"While you were away, Jayant and Aditi discussed something with us, they would like to have you as Vikram's bride."

"What?" I tried to shriek but my voice was held in my throat.

She chuckled," funny isn't it, but they were serious and were truly asking for your hand."

"What did you say then?"

"We said we need to discuss first," she said observing me, what is she trying to do, get a reaction out of me?, I am dying here with anxiety, my palms were all sweaty and if she delayed I might even cry.

"So, have you and dad discussed?" I asked fiddling with the bag, she once said I couldn't stay alone with him when I was sick, I am dreading to know what she has to say now.

"We came to a decision that we can give you to Vikram if you like, not the kind of profession I would choose but he earns well that's what matters, he is also polite, we have nothing against the family and you both are also familiar, so if you don't have any problem we will say yes to them."

"What would Di and Jiju think, will they accept?" I am not sure why I am asking this but nothing seems to come out of my head or mouth.

"They had their marriage now it's yours, your sister also once told to marry you both but we swept that off like a joke and now we are here seriously considering him as an option, only decision we need is yours, do you like him?"

Vikram's voice played in my head, when asked to get married to me say yes that's all you need to do, the time has come!

"Umm..he is a good guy honestly, if you all think this is the right decision then I guess it's a yes for me too," I said not looking at her, I couldn't make an eye contact and lie straight to her face.