home

Trigger warning: body shaming( might not be in a heavy extent, but some of you might still consider it under body shaming, so warning before hand)

Rhea's POV

From the moment I heard the news of baby, I couldn't stop myself from shopping.

Wherever I go, I see cute little toys or small baby clothes and my hands won't stop until I buy them. I am probably buying some wrong type of clothes but hey clothes don't have any gender.

"You would never guess where I am," Vikram said in a confidant tone.

"Where?" I asked.

"I am about to board the flight to home for Diwali," he said with excitement.

Oh no! Why does he need to come at the exact time I am not in town?

"Guess what?" I said , he also would never guess where I am right now.

"What?" He asked.

"I am in a bus going home to my parents," I said," for Diwali," I added.

"But why?..why can't you come and celebrate at your sister's?" He asked dejected.

"Because she wants to announce the pregnancy to your parents and my parents on Diwali and she wants me to be with them," I explained.

"Why can't they call everyone to one place?" He whined.

"Because it's their wish and I am doing just as she said," I told.

"But..I wanted to see you," he whispered. I do too. My heart skipped a beat, he just said as friends I suppose.

"You...you can still see me in video call," I managed to say.

I heard him sigh before he spoke," fine, I need to go bye," he cut the call.

What just happened?

~~~~~

"Hey dad," I hugged dad getting out from bus, handing him the bag.

"How are you beta, I am so happy you came, come on your mom is waiting at home," he said placing the luggage in the backseat.

"Me too dad, can I drive?" I asked. I love driving with dad, he was the one who taught me driving when I was 16.

He threw the keys at me which I caught in a swift motion," it's all yours darling," he smiled.

I ran to the driving seat excited to drive after a long time, " just like old days," I mumbled to myself and drove towards home.

"Hey mom, how are you?" I asked her as I enter the house.

"I am fine, how is your office?", She asked giving me towel to freshen up.

I should be getting used to it by now but I can't. Every time someone comes home all she wants them to do is freshen up, all I want to do is snuggle in the sofa.

"It's alright mom," I take the towel and walk away. We don't want any scolding to start when I just reached.

~~~~~

*The next day*

"Rhea!!" I hear my mom banging on my door.

I roll out of bed and slowly opened the door," what time is it?" I yawned.

"It's past 8 and I want you to freshen up quickly. Your aunt's family is coming along with your  grandparents and I want you to dress up traditionally not like this," she said with a disgusting face refering to the clothes I am wearing, which is a plain tee and shorts.