his wedding meet

Rhea's POV

I arrived five minutes before to be safe, but she reached twenty  minute after my arrival.

Way to be on time

Di sent me her photo to identify her, she is pretty but it's only a face shot so I couldn't get much about her.

But my eyes widened as I saw her, she looked straight out of a fashion magazine, her hair perfectly set into curls, her dress clung to her body and a 4 inch pencil heels.

I feel underdressed in my usual shirt, jeans and my worn out sneakers.

"Hi, I am Rhea," I shook hands with her.

"Hi nice to meet you, I am Sruthi," she introduced.

I ordered two coffee for us sitting at a corner booth.

"So how do you know Vikram?" She asked.

"You see, my sister and his brother are married so I met him at their marriage and we have been friends since then," I smiled.

"Oh, so what is he like, his hobbies, I was told he is a photographer?" She questioned.

" Yup, he is a photographer in ad agency, that was his passion and he is continuing it and he is mostly busy with his job, but he likes travelling," I said .

" That's nice , I like traveling too, I have been to Paris, London and the list goes on," she laughed.

She must be loaded to travel to such places.

"So what to do you do?" I ask her sipping my coffee.

"Oh, I am a designer, I have my own boutique in Mumbai, I had always wanted to do this, being in a designer family makes you have the same passion," she said admiringly.

The waiter came and gave us two extra chocolate muffins which I didn't order.

" Excuse me, we didn't order those," I said to the waiter.

" Yes mam, today is our cafe's 10th anniversary so each customer gets a free muffin," he said smiling.

Woohoo who can say no to free food!

" Who would eat those, they are loaded with calories, just take them away," Sruthi spat at the waiter.

He looked embarrassed, he was about to speak but I interfered," it's okay let them be, thank you," I smiled again.

He nodded and walked away. Sruthi looked at them like they are poison. I smiled and grabbed one stuffing in my mouth.

"You do know that they are a lot of calories right, no wonder you are fat, no offense" she talked.

I stopped my hand in mid way, taking in what she had just said. I realised she is like others who just body shame others not caring what they think.

I chuckled, why do I always have to meet people like her, it's not like me eating would cause her body to bloat," you know I am free and can eat whatever I want and whenever I want, I don't want to restrict myself to have this imaginary model worthy figure, so I am perfectly fine with what I have and you can keep your comment to yourself. "

She had no right to say that to me, I don't tolerate people like her and I am maintaining my calm only because I was here in behalf of Vikram. That idiot, everything would have been fine if he showed up.

" You know what, talk to Vikram, I am done," I stood up, stuffed the other muffin in my mouth and walked away not even waiting for her reaction.

~~~~~
Vikram's POV