Panicked

Vikram's POV

"Mom, did you pack my lunch?", Bhai came into the kitchen where mom was making me breakfast.

"I did, it's in that box near the oven," she pointed to the box neatly packed.

"Bhai, have your breakfast," I motioned him to sit but he looked like he is in a rush.

"I am not sending you out without breakfast," mom said without even turning to our side, earning a chuckle from me.

I miss old days

Days when we went to school, mom used to cook just like this, even feeding us sometimes if she was in a good mood.

Bhai huffed and sat waiting for his breakfast, " you should eat more, there is going to be a baby in our house, it's not easy to handle with the amount of food you eat," mom said giving him a plate of omelette and bread.

"Did you talk to Aarushi?" She asked sitting beside him.

He nodded, " I did yesterday, everything is fine, the delivery may happen any time in coming 2 weeks," I can hear the panic in his voice and his bouncing leg under the table didn't help.

I placed my hand on his shoulder, " you will do great," I assured, he always had a doubt that he would be a good father or not. I am the best example of his parenting, he was always with me at every moment of my life, I know he will do great.

"Did you guys think of a name?" Mom asked getting excited. Bhai shook his head in a no. A smile crept on mom's face, I know there is going to be some plan in her head.

"Let me make a list of the names and then you can select from the list," mom grinned, Bhai smiled and nodded at her.

"Who is deciding the name without me?" Dad walked in putting hands on his hips.

We all chuckled at him, " I am," mom said not affected by his act. They started staring at each other like it was a competition.

Bhai's phone rang brings us out from our little staring competition, he smiled," it's Aarushi," he walked into the hall to talk to her.

I finished my breakfast and walked towards him, his entire face was morphed into shock, I shook him, he came back into his senses, " yes, we will start immediately."

He cut the call, " mom!" He shrieked, my mom came rushing into the hall, " what's wrong?" She asked.

"Aarushi went into labor," his voice was low and fear was evident in his voice, " we should leave mom, pack your bags," he suggested and left saying he need to call his office.

I too decided to call my office and informed them about my leave for 2 days, I don't know how long we will be staying but if it needed to be extended then we can see later.

As I was quickly stuffing clothes in my bag, it stuck me, Rhea, she must me informed. I didn't talk to her properly after my realisation which stuck me like lightning.

I came back when someone shook my shoulder, " are you done?" Mom asked me I nodded and walked outside.

Bhai was walking swiftly from one end to another, his phone to his hear waiting for someone to pick.

"Did you call your office?" I asked nearing him, he nodded," I did but Rhea is not picking her phone up, ma asked if we can bring her with us, I agreed but now she is not lifting her phone."

"Let me try once," I said and dialed her number,but she didn't lift, I called her again but was in vain. I messaged her hoping she would at least see the message.