brother

Rhea's pov

For god's sake, why can't we meet up at some cafe or something. I don't want to have the meeting in Aaru's house, I know they don't have any problem but Vikram, it will be weird and awkward for me at least.

They were coming for lunch so I must be quick and reach the house soon. Di and jiju were on leave for me as mom can't be here.

"Where are you Rhea?" Di called as I was driving.

"I am on my way Di, chill out," I spoke and cut the call.

I reached the house by 10, Vikram was out for work by the time I reached. Pheww.

I got ready in a simple blue saree, french braided my hair and Di was trying to put some makeup on my face.

"Di, enough this is too much," I whined. She was not leaving my face from past half an hour applying various creams on my face.

"Just one last touch, let me get this done and you will look awesome," she applied lipstick on my lips tapping them.

"There, all done, go on look how pretty you are," she motioned me to mirror.

I turned to look at my appearance, my eyes almost popped out at the result. The girl in the mirror is totally opposite of me. My eyes are even big with the eyeliner thing and my lips they look so big.

I always hated how big my lips were and now this lipstick is making things worse. And the flowers I almost snorted at them.

"You look like a women," Aaru giggled beside me jumping up and down. I plastered a fake smile not to hurt her work.

"They are here," jiju called coming into the room," you look good Rhea," he tapped my head and took Di out to welcome them.

The room was a total mess, us swapping clothes and the mess we made with makeup and brushes. I slumped in my seat waiting for them to call me.

Di came in after a while grabbing me outside, every eye was on me, suddenly I felt claustrophobic and only thing I wanted to do was run.

Calm down Rhea calm down

I plastered a smile on my face greeting everyone. This was one heck of big family I have seen.

Parents along with their first son and his wife, their kids, the father's sister their family and the uncle who arranged the meeting who was a common friend of both our families and then there was the one. Mom informed me his name was Vivek.

He was confidently smiling at everyone, talking casually like it's no big deal. May he had some experience in this arranged meetings thing.

"So what do you do?" Mother of the boy asked.

"I work in a software firm, I did my engineering," I informed trying to smile.

"So do you plan on working after marriage?" A lady who is probably Vivek's aunt asked. I am shocked is understatement. Do you go and directly ask a girl if she is going to work or not? Just like that?!

"Umm.., I guess," I replied, nothing came out of my mouth other than that.

"We are a joint family, we live in the same house along with my parents,"Vivek's father spoke.

I just nodded and smiled. Joint family?! I am not socially extroverted and I don't know how I will fit in such big family.

I was totally freaking out inside, I hope they don't notice that. And Vivek, does he have something to say or not?

Di chirped in bringing the snacks, "I think they should talk alone till you have the snacks," she said smiling.

Thank god Di you saved me, I need to get out of here quick.