27. Home!

A/N: So~ as I had expected of myself, I really did take the dark route. Haha🤣 I didn't let myself down!!

Thank you to all lovelies who are still here~! Happy reading📖

                     ________________

In a place that was nothing but darkness, K stared blankly, perfectly blending with the darkness. If it wasn't for the complicated turbulent emotions which were reflected in his eyes, he'd look like a perfect sculpture created by god himself.

'It's my birthday, you know'

Her cold yet helpless broken voice kept ringing in his ears . Her fragile smile that maybe, she herself hadn't notice had imprinted his mind. It kept on playing itself like a broken record, in the end, leaving him frustrated, distressed and pained as a result of being unable to do anything.

He knew it was her birthday and he'd wanted to come to her, afraid to regret anything yet all because of that one bastard, he'd been late. He saw the scene he had been trying to prevent from happening. He was late and couldn't stop her from hurting herself. He regretted it.

He regretted entertaining that bastard on a fight, he should've just killed him then. If he had ended it earlier, if he had.

But there was no 'if' in this cruel reality. What happened could not be changed, even if he was powerful enough to destroy the entire universe, he couldn't turn back time nor could he know the future. It was quite an irony.

K rubbed his face in frustration. He felt an urge to wipe those dark memories so that she'd least be able to smile genuinely, to free herself of her responsibilities, to rid of her vengeance that had trapped her for years.

He was selfish and not some saint; if he could make her wholly forget everything, he would have wiped her memories when he had discovered her self abuse. But he couldn't, that would have only distanced them further after all she was strong enough to break from the spell.

Her ability to be her yet not her was special and rare. It could have broken from one of the most powerful and taboo spell. Such he couldn't risk, even though he knew it could bring her some temporary relief and freedom. Heh, he was selfish. He did not deserve her but he could not see her being with any one else, other than him. He'd rather self destruct together with her.

To ascend the heavens or descend to the deepest of hell together. Alive, she was his. Death, she would still be his.

"Angel, Why can't you let me..?" A faint sigh was heard, as if in helplessness and disappeared wholly like it never appeared.

                       ________________

It was dawn when Amerllyis woke up, she had a nightmare though she didn't remember much. Well, she actually didn't remember anything at all and couldn't be bothered to think about it as her throat felt sore.

She helped herself with warm water making her throat much more comfortable.

"Hmm? Did I shout or cry yesterday? But I do remember sleeping after packing though?" Amerllyis muttered to herself in confusion as she scratched her beautiful blue hair which was so silky that she felt she could pass the days by without brushing her hair. Though her mother scolded her when she mentioned it.

"Heh, who cares? I'm still fine and beautiful anyways. No one is much more beautiful and fairer than I am!" She completed her daily self love routine whilst looking at her reflection on her dressing mirror.

"Tsk tsk, this lady is too heaven defying. I'm afraid no one can match me~ Aii" Amerllyis sighed despondently, looking troubled about her beautiful self. Sigh, being beautiful really was troublesome.