18. "Who are you?"

A/N: Annyeonghasaeyo Yeorobun! I have a question for y'all: Do you think I should add more K X Llyis or Zen X Llyis? (Or just end this book with Amerllyis living happily ever after with the duke, duchesses and Zero, while the others die in war? Lol just kidding... But yea for reals, if you want )

                 ___________________

"Adopted?"

"Eh?!" Both Amerllyis and Serena gasped at the word 'adopted'. They only recovered after a few seconds as it was just a joke played by K (100X for Amerllyis)

"Ohoho, you do joke very much Lord Lance" she laughed lightly but fakely as she reacted unnaturally. At this, K chuckled mysteriously amusing himself wiith her reaction and speed to change herself, although a bit unnatural.

"Let's get along, Rivermoore" He 'kindly' smiled as he casually glanced at her and then turned back his attention towards his angel.

"You don't need to get along with Lord Lance, little lamb. He, after all doesn't go here" Amerllyis smiled sweetly as she stood in front of Serena protectively. It was her instinct that whenever K smiled 'Kindly', there was something going on his head.

"Hmm~?" A glint passed by in his eyes witnessing his Angel's protective stance for another being but it quickly disappeared as he flashed the girls a helpless yet a serene smile that made Serena and the other students who were sneaking a glance at K, pause in daze. Except Amerllyis who almost couldn't stop from rolling her eyes at their reaction.

But since, she was a noble with rare magic and a model student, she instead waited for Serena to take her time staring at the beauty whilst a smile graced her lips but didn't reach her eyes. It made her look like a painting the first glance yet scary when looking closer and longer than one should.

"Now now. Lady Rivermoore must be getting late for her first class so I'm afraid we can't stay here any longer" Amerllyis broke the silence when she couldn't wait any longer. She, after all decided to talk to Serena to know if she was OOC or just the same normal, dense and kind heroine.

And now, she didn't have much time as she had to go back to the duke's mansion since the family had to travel back to her mother's kingdom to celebrate her(Llyis) grandmother's birthday.

'I've finally been allowed to visit mother's home after waiting for 14 years! Would I be stupid to even miss it? Hmph!'

"Ah.. Yes! Lady Lapis, Lord Lance. I'm very sorry for wasting your time!" Serena apologized, flustered at their godlike visuals. It was her first seeing such visuals which a a result made her feel intimidated and nervous.

"You shouldn't be apologizing to us, Lady Rivermoore! Instead I should be the one for keeping you here for too long. I am truly sorry" Amerllyis returned to her usual 'Noble Lady' image, not addressing the heroine a 'little lamb' anymore to not affect her image nor be rude to Serena in public's eyes or so, she thought so at least. Or was it tid bit late?

"No, no! You do not need to apologize, Lady Lapis! Instead I feel honored to have talked to you" Serena sweetly smiled like the heroine she was. Truly beautiful and innocent.

"You flatter me, Lady Rivermoore" Amerllyis smiled calmly in reply.

"In comparison with Rivermoore, you look fake" K, who had been watching the two interacting finally spoke with a gentle smile which totally did not go with the words he spoke.

Serena: ...

"Why, isn't it rare to find someone as cute and innocent as Lady Rivermoore in nobility? Unlike us, who can only fake ourselves and look fake even when we're genuine. I might have done something generous in my past life to have met an innocent and genuine one like Lady Rivermoore" Amerllyis chuckled gently as she retorted with yet another gentle smile like K's.