28. A play

A/N: My loves~ I'm finally back after a long time! I couldn't update due to writer's block ╥﹏╥ I might've already had the ending in mind but I just couldn't get the inspiration to continue and even thought of discontinuing the story(╯︵╰,) But since it's my first story and I don't feel like abandoning it so I'm here💅💯

Hopefully, I'll be able to complete the plot! Good reading~

__________________

"Princess, did you miss me?" Zen asked in his usual teasing voice as his dark ocean eyes flashed with gentle light. His sight stayed on the girl opposite him, who had a beautiful and graceful appearance yet etched with bone deep indifference that she couldn't hide no matter how she tried to keep it controlled.

However that indifference interested him, he wanted to see what she'd look like when she'd be become nothing more but a mere mortal. He was sure there couldn't be a sight more beautiful than that.

"Your Highness shouldn't have taken such trouble to visit this subject. It only makes this subject feel shame for having waste your highness' precious time." The sentence was humble with a sense of distance, between a Royal and a subject. Anyone who couldn't see and could only listen would've thought that it was a conversation of a loyal subject who was full of remorse for wasting their master's time.

But Zen couldn't, the words were pleasant and humble yet the actions said otherwise. Amerllyis couldn't even bother to get up from her current seat as she elegantly sipped her drink. It was clearly a form of disrespect yet it looked like she couldn't care any less.

The prince Zen who took 'trouble' to visit the Duke's mansion helplessly shook his head and just sat down opposite her.

Amerllyis had just returned yesterday and with the reason that it was tiring to attend class next day after 'jet leg' took leave for two days. She hoped to spend it leisurely, as such she decided to spend some time in the garden yet who would've thought the Crown prince deemed to be busy all year would take his time to visit.

"Do my parents known that Your Highness is here to visit?" Amerllyis asked with a gentle smile on her lips, if anything, it made her shine more like a blooming oleander, beautiful yet deadly. A pity, she was disturbed during her time alone and as such, she couldn't be bothered with the pleasantries.

She knew, anyone who saw this would accuse her of disrespecting the esteemed Royal Family which would in result effect her family's standing. They might even be punished by being stripped of their noble status and exiled. Worse, they'd be executed.

However as someone who wasn't originally from this world, she knew her family wouldn't be effected no matter what she did. Afterall, she was never meant to have been born here.

"Well, what do you think?" Zen smilingly replied as he leaned back on his chair, his posture displaying laziness completely unlike the elegance and grace he had as a prince.

"Of course, I'm sure you'd have already informed my parents of your visit. With your highness' education and manners, how could you not, right?" Amerllyis' comment on the prince's teachings seemed to praise him. Well, if that were true.

"But" Noticing that Zen was about to speak, she interrupted. "I dare say, in my humble opinion, without any bias to your royal lineage or your education. Considering your personality, you must have come prior notice. Am I right, Your highness?"

Zen in return did not reply but softly laughed, his laugh was music to the ears as it was low yet magnetic and could make one feel indulged, so much that it'd make anyone blush and feel their heart rate increase.

Anyone other than Amerllyis of course. She just narrrowed her eyes, her body feeling the goosebumps that erupted with the laugh the prince gave.

With all reason and logic, Zen was the ideal man for all the ladies in kingdom. He was not only very inhumanly handsome, he was also a gentleman, kind and caring to anyone and yes, he was a crown prince to boot.