Chapter 2[OLD]

I throw a glance at Irina.

Another panel abruptly pops up.
------------------
[Irina Nelson]
Remaining plot armour left: 1800

To extract more plot armour value, secure the opportunities of the target's growth.

Warning: Doing so will result in the change of the target's destiny.

Opportunities List:
-Subjugate the monsters invading a village. (0/40)
-Investigate the recent cannibalism case. (0/1)
-Secure first place in the monthly swordsman tournament. (0/1)
-Secure first place in Akatski Academy. (0/1)
-Discover the hidden sword artifact and make it recognize you as its master. (0/1)
---------------------

...

So I can squeeze her dry up till the very end.

A change of destiny can mean anything, even death. But that does not matter. Nothing is more important than the lives of my family and me. In this world, kindness belongs only to the strong.

As I walk past Irina, I can still feel her gaze. A butler steps down from the carriage and said something to Irina before she heads back into the carriage.

The carriage gallops past me.

"Tch, I'm wearing sandals," I mumble.

I tap the tip of my sandals on the floor to discard the rocks flown into my sandals from the carriage's movement.

...

Seeing that I have no reason to stay in the capital, I went back home.

A barrier is surrounding our cabin, restricting any intruders. I walk past it and open the door.

!!

"Loi? Back so soon?"

I smile. "Yeah, why?"

...

"Okay, take a shower. Afterwards, I need your help to look after your sister." My mother says.

"Alright," I reply.

My mother is trying to hide it, but I know. She is worried. After all, when I am young, I would be constantly training and swinging my sword passionately from morning till dawn. The only reason why I will return early is that I was bullied.

But no, that's not it this time.

As I activate the water scroll above a tub, I start to think about my next move.
------------
I walk out of the cabin and to the back. There's a patch of flat dirt where laundries are hung on.

Christina can be seen drawing on a paper laid on a stump.

As of now, peace is here. However, in the distant future, a war will break out. I need my family to become stronger... Strong enough to defend themselves.

I walk to Christina. "Ah! Brother!" Christina stands up and runs to me. I carry her by her arms and lift her.

"Hi, Christy! What are you doing?"

"Drawing! Look!"

I walk to the stump and see what's on the paper. There are three small stick figures at the bottom of the paper. Two of them have short hair while the remaining one has long hair. In the middle of the paper is two figures, one is wearing an apron and the other is wearing a breastplate with a sheath. The last one is a big stick figure at the top, wearing a huge golden armour with a large sword.

"See! Mama!"

Christina points to the one in the middle. "And brother!" Her finger shifts to the stick figure beside.