Chapter 7[OLD]

I walk to the dining table and help set it up. Afterwards, I call for my brothers and sister to come for dinner.

When they gathered, I take a moment to secretly cast a protective spell on everyone including my father. My father seemed to have realised but said nothing.
This protective spell activates when something or someone attempts to take the life of the person. The effects of the attack will not only be nullified but will also be reflected.

However, the spell only works on people at the 5th stage of Core Formation and below. But it should be enough. A Baron wasting so much money to hire a core formation to slaughter some mortals isn't possible.
-----------------
For the rest of the days until the tournament, I decide to do nothing but cultivate. I will have to face Mina after all. To get first place in the tournament and complete my quest, my biggest obstacle is Mina...

To avoid suspicion, I did not sell my loot from the Deathworm yet. Everything in the storage ring does not experience time, making it the perfect place to preserve my products in their best condition.

Around the Academy and the first section, news spreads like wildfire. Almost everyone knows that the son of a general crippled the son of a Baron.

I need to become stronger fast. The chances of Carl's family attempting to assassinate me during the tournament are very high.
Carl's family is the Igniz family. They have a huge sense of pride despite just being a Baron. They hate being looked down on the most and will do whatever they can to restore their pride. So the likely hood of them killing me in public, showing their dominance to everyone is very high.

And the perfect stage for that is the tournament.

I predict that they will bribe the referee and administrators of the event as well as the participants.
The entire event is probably already manipulated by the Igniz family.
Carl has one older brother in the 4th year, Kelsey. He is the main pride of Igniz as I have heard of his countless achievements despite being so young.

...

I have to start training Mane and Lee soon. But... My mother...

During the tournament, I will be facing opponents that are hard to handle but easy to defeat. The main purpose will be to tire me out.
When I finally match against Kelsey, he will then proceed to mercilessly cripple me and say that it's an "accident".

I can roughly predict everything because of my thorough understanding of the family.

The only ones that are not willing to give in to bribes are probably Irina and Mina.

I clench my fist tightly in anger. If I become crippled, there's a high chance they will send an assassin after my life to teach a lesson to everyone who wants to go against their family.
And even worse, they will make my family's lives a living hell.

I'm the cause of this and I will take responsibility.

Finally, the day of the tournament arrived.

I am currently in the 10th stage of Qi condensation. The effects of the cultivation method are gradually getting weaker as my cultivation base increases.

I click my tongue in frustration. Can I go against Mina? Her realm by now should at least be at the third stage of foundation establishment. Not to mention her sword intent stage seven.

...

If it was the past me, the older me, I would have decided to forfeit. Logically thinking, she is a gifted reincarnation of someone strong so a person like me has no chance of winning. As I am no one special, I do not take part in fights that I have a high chance of losing.