3. The Weight Of Strength

Squad Ophelia, affiliated with The Holy Light, is a future team that played a vital role in the war. With Ryse Kard as the leader, they protected citizens as their main priority and repelled intruders.

I still remember it as clear as yesterday.

The intruders were exceptionally powerful. In two weeks, they broke through the first line of defence and went straight for the capital during the absence of the empire's trump card.

When the walls surrounding the capital collapsed back then, I hadn't manifested "Aura", a type of mana mastery for swordsmen, and thus was about to be crushed by a giant rock before Ryse blasted it to pieces.

I am thankful but harboured jealousy for his talent.

...

If he dies, future casualties will rise.

...

'I'm sorry, Ryse." I mumble.

-------------
Fate: 2200 ->42200

Full extraction is now available. Full extraction can be activated once every month.

Extract from Ryse Kard?
[Yes][No]
-------------

Yes?

-------------
Talent:
-Sword Tier 3->6

You've obtained the attribute:
-Holy Tier 2

A full integration procedure is required. Find a place of safety before proceeding. The procedure will take 6 hours.
-------------

It's time for me to return.

I take one last glance at Ryse and sigh. Wrapping the cloth around my head, I make my escape from the scene.

Back at home, I head to bed after washing myself.

As I stare at the ceiling, I bring up the status panel.

----------------
Loi Krist
Fate: 42200
Role: Background Character

Talent:
-Sword Tier 6

Attributes:
-Holy Tier 2

[Integrate]
-----------------
-----------------
Integration process initiated.
-----------------

!!!!!

Shape intense pain erupts from my chest, ricocheting to every corner of my body. The weight of ten thousand sword stabs rains upon my consciousness.

"ARGHHH!!!" I couldn't hold back a scream. My body suffers involuntary convulsions as it rapidly breaks apart.

"Loi?!" The sound of my mother bursting into the room echoes.

"Loi? Loi!!"

Her voice travels even further as I sink into a deep void.

==================================

"Is...okay?"

"Yes...he..."

Bits and patches of muffled conversation ring in my ears.

My hearing recovers when I attempt to open my eyes.

"Loi!" My mother jumps to my side, holding my hand.

Beside her is a young healer priest in white robes from The Holy Light. On the robe is the crest of The Holy Light, a yellow circle intersecting a cross.

"Huh? What happened?" I ask the priest.

He glances at my mother and says "Madam called us in the middle of the night. At the start, your body was in tatters. I tried what I could do but nothing worked until your body began to repair itself."