Chapter 37[OLD]

This is...awkward.

Not like I can say that, whenever I try to communicate with her, she doesn't reply.

The Azure family's headquarters should be in a town near the Kingdom of Enchantio so we travelled north from Albion.

To prevent attention, we travelled on foot.

Mi suddenly stopped me. "Put on your mask." She says.

She finally spoke... And her voice is quite soothing.

I wrap the cloth around my head, leaving only the eyes.
Mi points at the road, sounds of galloping and wheels colliding with the rocky path can be heard. When the carriage comes into view, it is revealed to be a carriage that belongs to the Azure family as the carriage is attached with a big blue flag that shows a white Phoenix in the middle.

Mi gives me the signal to follow her. We run after the carriage and jump on it.

!!!!!!

7 knights are guarding the carriage. Mi draws three daggers, each between her fingers, and throws them at the nearest three knights.

The daggers pierced all 3 knights in the throat and they drops dead off the horse, rolling on the ground.

"Two intruders-"

I jump on that knight and slit his throat before pushing him off the horse and riding it.

A knight riding behind me leaps towards me with his sword drawn. He boosts himself using magic as a green aura engulfs his body.

I step on the horse and jump off it, dodging the attack before I land down and slash him into two. I jump back up on his horse and chase after the carriage, it's not stopping.

The remaining 2 knights have been taken care of by Mi, I kick the door to the carriage open and jump in. Mi jumps on the driver's seat and places the knife near his throat.

"W-Who are you! Do you not know who you are messing with?!" Says a young man inside. He is making out with another woman in the carriage.

I kick his abdomen, he collides against the door and onto the floor while grasping his abdomen in pain, the woman watches in horror. Mi jumps into the carriage from the driver's seat and takes a sword out from inside her robe before piercing it through the wooden carriage. "If I sense anything weird, I will kill you right away."

She seems to be behind the driver, piercing the sword through to threaten him.

The two hostages tremble in fear. Mi snaps and a shadowy figure appears beside her. Another assassin?

Mi hands the mysterious figure a letter. "Relay the message to the knights in Enchantio. Be ready for a warranty to arrest the entire household."

"W-What?! What did we do?!" The young man says. He has the same hair and eye colour as Lupus, definitely a relative of hers.

I place my sword beside his neck. "Speak one more word," I whisper.

...

He raises his hands in surrender. The carriage comes to a suspicious stop, Mi places her ears against the wall and raises her hand to give me an okay signal.

The carriage starts to move again. Sounds of various chatters echo throughout the outside area. Some extra galloping can be heard past us, other carriages. We are in Enchantio.

Mi opens the small window leading to the driver and whispers "Drive into the residence of the Azure family."

The driver nods as he gulps. He slaps the rope on the horse and they speed up.