53. Mysterious Creature

*Rustle* *Rustle*

A hand pops out among the sea of snow.

I pull myself out of the mess. My armour is crushed and gave in from the pile of rocks and snow. I rip out the metal from my body and throw it away.

"Huff huff...what the fuck..."

I inspect my body for injuries. Aside from a few bruises, I'm generally fine when I cover my entire body with my aura.

Never mind me, what about everyone else?

The howling wind echoes violently and little light penetrates the winter clouds, serving as a canopy over the sprawling mountains.

My gaze shoots up to an emerging hole from a mountain not far away. Threatening shivers run through my body, it's bigger and cleaner than I expected as if someone drilled the hole. That's where that creature came from.

Damn it, I couldn't grasp the creature's appearance just now, what attacked us?

For now, I do not detect its presence.

Then...

My hand lowers to the snow and sends ripples of mana.

Some mana contacts demonic mana, indicating death, while some clash with an abnormality obstacle.

A person alive!

Engulfing my fist in aura, I carefully dig through the snow and save the man.

His body is dragged out and laid on the floor. I pull his chest plate and clothes apart, spotting many purple patches and a stick protruding from his arm. I tear a portion of his top and tie it above the bleeding wound. Afterwards, I reach into my pouch. Most of my potions shattered from the impact but one stayed intact. I pull the stick out and immediately apply the potion.

"W-Who..." the man speaks through the helmet.

"Don't talk."

The wound closes just enough to stop threatening his life. I bring the casualty to the side and continue rescuing any survivors. As I find each of my squad members, I help them out. Fortunately, none of my squad members were severely injured.

"Sir, how many more...alive down there?" Issac asks, gazing at the snow.

"Only one more. How are the survivors?"

"Masoc gathered them at a small cave at the foot of the snow."

I nod and plunge my hand into the snow, pulling out a body.

"Uck!?" Gary comes flying out.

*THUD*

He lands his face into the snow.

"Huff...huff...what...I'm alive?" Gary mumbles.

"Hey."

Gary turns his attention to me.

"...Report on the situation," Gary says.

"Everyone in your squad is either dead or incapacitated. My squad suffered no major injuries and is ready for battle," I reply.

Gary raises his brow. "How...is your squad..."

*sst*

!!!

I turn back at the far distance of darkness. I heard something move over there...under the large hole.

"G-Gary...we may be fucked."

"Pardon?"

"The creature was watching us, it's still there."

Gary glances around. "W-Where..."