Chapter 5[OLD]

I smile as I see him. "Welcome home, dad."
--------------
"You brat, just when did you get so strong?"

"Why? Jealous?" I say as I come out of the shower, drying myself.

"Jealous? Not really, I'm still realms above you after all." My father says.

Let's keep it at that. My father is currently in the Core formation realm, stage 4. However, his sword intent is only in the second stage.

"You two... Ever since both of you came back, you have been mumbling to each other. What are you two talking about? Dinner is ready." Asks my mother.

My father exchanges a glance with me and says "Nothing much. Can't a father show his oldest son favouritism?"

"You..." Mother narrows her eyebrows as veins start showing on her forehead.

Oh shit...

"Okay okay, we are coming." Says my father as he pats me on my back, indicating that I should follow him.

This bulked man with black messy hair and black eyes is my father. Until now I still wonder how he, a brute, managed to marry my mother.

My mother, a woman with elegant blue eyes and short hair, is a very gentle lady that can turn into a demon sometimes. I took after my mother's eyes and hair colour. Her slender body was a frail one in my previous life. Like a fragile twig, her arms will collapse just from carrying a mug. Her sickness came from an assassin poisoning her. Even though I managed to suppress the poison, it made my mother's life a living hell. Several times I thought if I should end her pain but her smiling, cheerful, scrawny face kept me going. Kept my hopes up.

Mane and Lee took after my father and Christina, a mix of my father and mother, with black hair with blue eyes.

Christina's small tiny body struggles to reach the table to grab her bowl. Mane and Lee are 10 years old this year, They are significantly taller than Christina but they are only tall up to my chest.

After dinner, I invited my father outside the home for a little talk.

"I want to know how to suppress my realm."

"What?" My father gave me a puzzled face. "You are only in the first stage of Qi condensation. What is there to suppress?"

This imbecile...

"Just tell me..."

...

My father sighs. "Before that answer me, how did you improve your sword intent to that extent."

"By improving my comprehension of swords. That's all." I mockingly say.

"Brat, I know you have to increase your comprehension of swords to improve your sword intent. My question is how?"

...

I look around and close my eyes. Nothing, I cannot detect anything.

"No recording devices or anyone are hiding, I'm a core formation, they cannot hide from me." My father says.

But a Nascent soul can, we can never be too careful.

"I received a blessing from people of the upper realm. That's why my sword comprehension improved by leaps and bounds. I even received a sword style from them." I say.

"Someone of the upper realm? What do they look like?"

I shake my head. "I do not know. The blessing I found is in the form of a magic book that disappears once used, integrating all the knowledge into my soul."

I'm sorry. I can only say this, for now. I will reveal everything when I am strong enough to protect us.
My previous self has the cultivation of a Foundation Establishment Stage 9. This time, I will surpass my previous self.