27. Hot Breakthrough

"Ah right." She retracts her molten hand.

To everyone's surprise, Mina gives me time to recover and walks to the other end of the field.

"Madam Mina has shown mercy and walked away! The skill she uses should consume massive mana yet she shows no signs of fatigue. Is she toying with Sir Loi? What exactly is the height of her power?! Nonetheless, there is one certain thing to acknowledge, both warriors have surpassed the limits of an academy cadet."

Beneath the moonlight and darkness, a festival of fire dances on the battlefield.

I collect myself and stand up. Mina seems carefree without signs of fatigue. To be honest, it would be wise to surrender now but let's see this to the end.

With our weapons in hand, the second round begins. we exchange clashes with explosions here and there. My power is drastically lower than before. Still, I wait for the right moment to parry.

*BOOM!*

Flames burst in a sweeping arc when I ward off her blade as far as possible. Her arm is wide open and so is mine. However, I let go of my sword and immediately close the distance and grapple her head with my arms, my elbows on her shoulder and hand cupping behind her head.

!!!

In that instance, light and dark static emerges from my knees.

Mina widens her eyes "Huh-"

My knee forcefully slams into Mina's torso.

*BOOOOOOOMM!!*

The impact gives birth to a resonating shockwave with contrasting hues of luminous light and ominous darkness, blasting the fire apart.

...

Her left hand stands between my knee and her abdomen yet the damage penetrated her defence. Her molten hand sizzles against my skin.

"Ack...Hehe..." Her smile grows wider. I can see blood between her teeth.

Tch. I used most of my remaining strength in that.

I lower my leg and go for another strike and another.

*BAM!* *BAM!*

"Ngh..."

Both her arm blocks my attack, abandoning her sword. She grabs my waist, lowers her head and pushes me away. As I stumble back, she leaps in and thrusts a jab at my face.

I throw my guard up.

*BOOM!*

W-What is this strength? Each punch is enough to send me a few feet back. She continues the onslaught of strikes, throwing different hooks, jabs, and punches.

As Mina executes a punch, I adeptly weave and counter uppercut. She absorbs the blow but retaliates, planting her feet into my thigh, kindling an intense pulsating heat. I grimace in response feeling the pain shoot up my body.

Shit!

I lose my footing and Mina rapidly dashes behind me, wrapping her arm around my neck and her legs around my hip.

"This is payback." She whispers.

"MMMMGGGGHHH!!!"

The tighten sprouts suffocating pressure constricting my breath and movement. In addition, her fiery arm burns its mark on my neck.

Damn it, this fucking girl!!!

I dig my nails into her arm. The luminous and shadowy aura envelops my hand, crackling static of power.