Chapter 15[OLD]

I press the button.

The door swings open as the knight stomps in with shock on his face.

"Y-You did it?!"

"Yep," I reply.

He unlocks the cell and examines the corpse. He picks up some hair and seals it in a plastic bag. "Alright, you've passed the second trial, walk right out and turn left, there's a group of knights there, one of them will escort you to the third trial."

As I leave, I look back. The knight is picking up bits and pieces of the deathworm meat and tidying the cell.

I take a pile of fresh deathworm meat and punch through them, cracking the wall behind. Thus, it looks a lot more realistic with the way the meat is scattered.

The knights almost dropped their weapons when they see me walking out of the door unscathed.

Their heads were turning as I go.
"What the... Is his luck that good?" They say.

I walk out to meet a group of knights. They were chatting to each other about the bet and when one of them sees me, the knight starts to cheer in excitement.

??

"Haha!! There he is, I won the bet bastard, pay up." He shouts.

"Fucking hell, you are really lucky Mason." Says the knight beside him.

"No no, it's not my luck, it's Loi's." Says Mason.

Mason is a man wearing only plate armour and some knee guards. His messy hair, slight facial hair, and mild wrinkles indicate that he is older than me. He has a slim build like everyone here and has black hair and eyes.

The knight beside Mason passes him a bag of coins.

Mason happily accepts it and places it into their storage ring. He walks to me and shakes my hand.

"Come, sir! Let's go to the next trial, I will guide you there." Says Mason happily.

I follow him. As we walk away, Mason smirkingly points a middle finger at the group of knights still stationed outside the building. They return the smirk and point a middle finger at Mason.

...

"Haha... Those bastards." Mason mumbles.

"Anyways, how are you?"

"I'm not sure. Countless knights have been glaring at me and underestimating me." I say.

"I see. Don't mind them, they reaped lots of benefits from the Igniz family and now that you FINALLY got rid of them, who wouldn't show you hostility? I'm Mason Cell, nice to meet you."

"Likewise."

We stop in front of the building beside the headquarters. It's slightly smaller than the headquarter.

"This is the place, the third and final trial is psychology resilience so most people fail here. If you do pass, however, Brigade Thirty-first welcomes you with open arms." Says Mason.

"You are being very friendly, what's the matter?" I ask.

"What? I have no ulterior motive. Well, truth be told, Brigade Thirty first is also named the useless Brigade. All of us are people with low talents and the missions we are tasked with are usually basic cleaning up or errands. So there's no other Brigade that will allow you to join them." Mason says, shrugging. "But don't worry too much. Our salary is the same as the other knights and we have more freedom to do whatever we want. We just need to endure a little...discrimination."

...

"I understand. See you soon." I say.

I walk into the building. One of the guards at the entrance sees me and stops me.