Chapter 47[OLD]

"Eh?" The lady jolts at my sudden speech because of the word 'Milady'.

"let's not lose our face because of one person," I whisper to Justin, who sighs and look out of the balcony.

"Everyone here is an important guest! You must be the lady of the Prosperity Merchant group, Lily Demerick." I say.

"Ah, yes! I am!" Her tone quells down, she seems to be flustered by my actions. A lady of a mere merchant group gaining recognition is a rare sight after all.

"You look as beautiful as the rumour set you out to be!" I say with a smile and extend my hand. "I'm Loi Krist."

"Yes..." She takes my hand.

"Take this as a gift," I say and place a necklace of gems in her hand.

"Eh? This is...Purity Condensing Gems!?" Lily exclaims.

More eyes turn their attention to us when she blurted those words. A Purity Condensing Gem keeps the skin of anyone near healthy and bright, making any accessory with it a perfect gift for noble ladies.

"I'm sorry for what I blurted just now, I mistook you for another person, hehe..." She says.

As if I will believe you.

Many others start to come forth and speak to me after realising I am a person comfortable talking with.

A few exchanged gifts with me and most exchanged contacts.

"Tch, is that guy really a commoner in the past? How does he know such etiquette behaviour..." One noble mumbled to the man beside him.
"I-I don't know. I came here because I heard of a commoner becoming a noble and I wanted to see him humiliate himself too!" The man replies.

From the corner of my eyes, Some nobles glare at me with anxiety as they thought I would embarrass myself. The Nelson family...where are they?

"Uhm...hello-" Says Nami from behind.

"Now, it is the time for gifting!" The butler shouts. A bored Kaney reveals himself and sits on a large chair prepared for him at the end of the ballroom.

"Ah! We can finally see that commoner die, I bet his present is the worse kekeke..."

I sigh at that extremely ignorant and optimistic gossip. They are trying to convince themselves that the ex-commoner will screw up somehow.

William stood beside Kaney. "William, when will the battle event begin?" Kaney whispers to William.

William sighs. "Soon, brother."

Kaney let out a sigh.

I ignore Nami and go back to my seat, she grasps her skirt tightly and walks away.

Everyone gets the gift ready and forms a line in front of Kaney. The representative will have to introduce themselves and bow at the prince, giving the gift to the butler.

My mother passes the box to my father.

He nods and takes the box, going to the line.

"Hello! I am Juley from the Miracle family. We are Barons of the neighbouring country, Afoha." A man says.

I look around and try searching for Irina, where the hell is she.

*sniff*

Wait...this smell...?

(Master. Be careful! Someone is using demonic magic!)

I know.

"Loi?" My mother says.