Chapter 8[OLD]

"On the north side, we have The Beetles!" Says the emcee.

The barrier disappears, allowing 4 people to enter the arena. Each of them has a well built and slim physique with an Irunium Sword. A sword made from the scale of an ogre, famous for its durability and power.

"And on the south side... We have Loi!"

The audience gasp once again when I enter the arena. Some start to sigh and call me arrogant. Others start to chat with one another and lose interest in this match as the result is already clear from the start.

I look around at the auditorium to see my family in the first-row seat with their jaws dropping wide open. I smile and wave at them.

"Now, let the first match begin!"

My opponents stare at me and smirked.
I sense killing intent. Looks like the Igniz family didn't want me to fight their son but plans to eliminate and kill me as soon as possible.
All four of them are at the sixth stage of Qi Condensation.

The one at the front decides to dash towards me. His friends are just watching him.

He appears in front of me and attempts to decapitate me as I duck.

!

The guy follows up with a slash down as I jump back to avoid it.

He takes the chance to thrust the sword toward me.

This guy is much more experienced with combat than Carl but...

I deflect his sword and I immediately appear behind him. A blink later, ten slashes appear on random areas of his body, injuring him as he collapses onto the ground.

!!!!!!

The audience starts to regain interest in the match.

I look back at his body, his wounds are not recovering. The barrier surrounding the arena is supposed to protect participants from fatal injuries as well as recovery from wounds. However, he is not being healed which means that the barrier has been tampered with.

I point at the other 3 and beckon them to come at me.

"Tch. Being cocky when you are about to die." One of them mumbles. The referee pretends not to hear that.

All 3 of them charge at me.

One comes from the front, the other two from the back. The one at the front is thrusting a sword at my chest, the other two are slashing from above.

Seeing that the one at the front is slightly faster, I dodge his attack first by stepping aside before I grab his collar and pull him behind me.

!!!!

The two accidentally slash their teammate from the shoulder to his hips on both sides, creating an X. He coughs out blood before collapsing on the ground.

"UOGHHH!!!!!!"
The audience cheers in excitement to see a solo play against a team.

"Isn't that guy the weakest in the 2nd-year cohort?"
"Was he hiding his strength?"

Gossips and rumours spread like wildfire among the audiences.

I grab his Irunium sword and wield it in my left hand. With two swords in my hand, I change my stance.

I point the sword on my left towards my opponent and place my sword on the right over and behind my shoulder.

"Shit..."

They finally noticed. They have little to no chance of winning. I have two swords and with my current stance, they can neither ambush me nor overpower me.