Chapter 11[OLD]

Mina signals her teammates. Kil readjusts his grip on the shield and Eden draws her rapier.

Mina draws her sword and points it at me.

?????

Wasn't she supposed to surrender? But instead, she's going a bit serious?!

Flames engulf Mina's sword. A magician swordswoman... Only those who have mastered both swordsmanship and magic can become one.

However, Mina's cultivation base is still suppressed, she doesn't want to reveal her true strength just yet.

Kil charged at me with his shield held up high. Behind him is Eden following.

I grab the shield at the left edge at the perfect time when he is two feet away and pushes the shield to the right, changing the direction of momentum.

!!!

Eden takes the chance to attempt a thrust towards my chest but I duck and proceed to kick her heel with my right foot.

"Uck!"

She lost her balance and I take the chance to attempt a slash at her chest.
However, Mina blocks my attack and parried my sword away.

!!

Tch.

I jump back as Mina's team recovers.

I have dealt with shields and rapiers in the past life, but a magic swordsman? I've only fought against two and lost miserably.

Mina takes the lead this time and slashes down. A curve wave of fire created from her sword rushes towards me.

I dodge to the side but the explosion that resulted from that attack behind threw me off balance.

Shit!

Eden takes the chance to attack. Her pointy rapier is seen only by my right eye as I shift my head to the left in time to only receive a cut on my cheeks.

"Tch." Eden clicks her tongue

I grab her arm holding the rapier and strike her elbow with my leg.

"AHHH!!"

Kil, enraged, rams my body with the shield.

!

However, he did not attempt to follow up an attack but instead helped Eden up.

I take that chance to plunge my sword into the ground.

!!!!!

"Mina!" Kil shouts.

"I know!" She replies. However, they are too late.

I've already activated the sword array.

A huge shockwave threw kil and Eden to the side of the arena. They cough out a bit of blood as they drop limp on the ground.

!!

"You bastard!" Mina shouts and she raises her sword. Mana quickly accumulates as the arena becomes hot.

A large flame Phoenix dives towards me.

"A Phoenix?!"

I force a large chunk of earth to protrude in front of me. The Phoenix dissipates and explodes as it hits the stone. The heat is no joke, I feel like I'm standing on a grill.

I wipe the sweat off my forehead as I attempt to distort the ground around Mina.

However, whatever I throw at her, she just melts it away.

Her black hair is starting to become red at the tip of the strands. The heatwave emitting from her is similar to the desert.

She points her sword at me. "Any more tricks?" She says.