~ 24 ~

It was like the first day all over again. She was stuck in bed, Charlie was pardoned from work, and Jacob was cuddled up to her in bed taking a nap. She loved it and hated it all at the same time, loving it because of the fact her family and friends were around her again, but hated it because of the fact she couldn’t move from her bed, Jacob or Charlie going to get her whatever she needed whether it be food or a toy.

“It’s boring.” She mumbled, she had already taken a nap and didn’t feel the need to take another one, so now all that was left was the work her teacher’s had sent her to be completed during her recovery.

“You have work to do?” Jacob snorted, “after you finish a good amount of it today, I’ll play a game with you.” It was wishful thinking, but the only game they had was Candyland, something that had caught Charlie’s eye because it was pink and he knew Aurora would love it.

“We played that game so much that I’m sure we can play it with our minds.” She grinned, only she knew that she was being literal, but Jacob’s blank face made her feel a little disappointed, wishing he knew her little inside joke.

“That’s the only thing we can do for now, we can’t really put strain on your brain with intense activity.” He shrugged, he hated the game also at the moment, though he would gladly play it again if it made Aurora happy.

“Well I don’t want to play it.” Aurora scoffed.

Lately the girl had been getting snappy, and everyone just blamed it on the fact she was used to getting out the house now she can’t. The reality of everything was really because she wasn’t feeling so good lately, and not because of the broken leg and busted head, but because of something else that she couldn’t quite put her finger on. It was irritating her, and she didn’t know what to do about it since she didn’t even know why she was feeling this way.

“Well, what do you want to do?” Jacob signed, already used to the sassy tone the girl was currently giving, “and leaving the bed is a big no unless you have to go to the bathroom.” He rolled his eyes, he was perfectly content with snuggling up against her, underneath the covers, his nose planted firmly against her neck so that every breath he took, he inhaled the scent of Strawberry Shortcake.

“Nothing.” She rolled her eyes back, curling up on her bed, she wasn’t hungry, didn’t have to go to the bathroom, and she didn’t want to sleep so the last option was just relaxing in the comfort of her own bed.

“Are you going to sleep?” Jacob peaked over her shoulder just a bit to see her face.

“No,” She groaned, “not tired and you need to be quiet.” She felt like hitting something, though she’ll never raise a hand to anyone she loves no matter how annoying they are.

“Okay,” He only grinned, she didn’t sound like she meant it, but a little piece and quiet never hurt anyone.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“What a simp.” Rosalie snorted, chilling in a different tree than last time, peeping into Aurora’s room.

“He’s whipped babe.” Emmett chuckled, trying his best to be quiet, because Jacob would glance over at the window from time to time like he knew they were there.

“Oh for sure.” Rosalie rolled her eyes, she saw the appeal in the girl, but she couldn’t understand why she was attracting so much trouble, she was worse than Bella, but then again, Bella knowingly brought trouble, while the latter was oblivious to it until the very last minute.

“I’m positive Edward is also.” Jasper muttered, a deep frown on his face as he studied Edward’s emotions, the man had a mate already who was currently not in the best of shape, and here he was ogling at another woman, what an embarrassment.

“He better not,” Rosalie hissed, “we didn’t just almost die for Bella just for her to be a fling.” She growled, eyes snapping back and forth between Edward and Aurora’s window.

“Agreed.” Jasper nodded, he felt like it wasn’t fair to Bella if he got with someone else just because she was away and couldn’t keep him in check.

“Would it really be a bad thing though?” Alice chuckled, “I wouldn’t mind having Aurora as a new sister.” She shrugged, and everyone snapped their heads to her.

“Absolutely not! You said something similar to Bella and now look at the state she’s in!” Rosalie punched the tree, the force breaking off a branch that met her fist.

“Calm down, you're scaring Aurora and making Jacob suspicious.” Jasper signed, not even bothering to calm his sister down at the moment, he was too busy with trying to force Jacob and Aurora into sleeping so that they wouldn't get caught.

“Yeah, once again, we’re doing something that could get our head removed! And everyone is acting like it’s another Monday.” She scoffed, “this is getting ridiculous.” She didn’t want to deal with this at the moment.

“You're the one that knocked her down the stairs.” Alice hissed, an angry glare on her face, though she didn’t seem mad about it.

“Yeah, but we got that brat locked up.” She smirked, “I feel like it was a necessary sacrifice.” She felt good, though she did feel guilty when she heard Aurora’s head crack against the floors of the school.

“Yeah, you should.” Jasper frowned, “I almost fainted from the pain she felt and that’s saying a lot considering vampires aren’t supposed to faint.” He gave her a light pat on the shoulders, but a small warning squeeze is what got Rosalie rolling her eyes again.

“She finally went to sleep.” Edward mumbled, speaking hard.

“Yeah, he’s just as crazy.” Emmett whispered, everyone hearing him, but choosing to just pretend they didn’t.

“Great.” Rosalie signed, but she wasn’t mad at the chance to get rid of Bella.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

❤️ I've got the ball rolling again! But I'm sure y'all figured out Edward is feeling some type of way with Aurora

️ I've got the ball rolling again! But I'm sure y'all figured out Edward is feeling some type of way with Aurora.

❤️We are also near the end of the boku, just around probably 10 or more chapters left

❤️Also would anyone be interested in a thriller book? Like having the main character either being the problem or trying to help the problem?

❤️ Don't forget to archive 'My Bookcase' for updates on new books I publish.