|•~{Chapter Forty Two}~•|

Closing her book, she averted her gaze to the door that was swung open by a tired jungkook who just came back from work.

"Welcome home" She smiled warmly as she hugged him, pecking his cheek.

"thank you princess. Did you have a good day?" he asked her as he smiled softly.

"Yes, was your day fine?" he nodded his head in response.

"Okay. I'll heat up the food, you should quickly get fresh." She spoke as he nodded his head before heading to the bathroom.

Quickly doing their dinner after sometime, y/n and jungkook walked to their bedroom to sleep and spend time together as jungkook promised to y/n.

He was excited when she had asked him for his time. Of course he had all reasons to feel excited, it wasn't often for her to ask him to spend time with her.

She would always let him be since she didn't want to bother him when he was working, reasons why this time was different because she was complaining like a little kid. Being stubborn as she whined, asking him to cuddle with her for sometimes.

It was new for jungkook to see her that way since she had always been a quiet, shy, and introverted woman to him. Her asking him something was rare for him, making him to instantly agree since he wanted to make her happy.

He didn't mind her being like that. She had always seemed as a baby to him. She was too naive and innocent, that he had always wanted to hold her close and protect her.

Holding his hand as he smiled at her, she dragged him to the room.

Once she quickly changed into some comfortable clothes and walked inside the room, jungkook pulled by the wrist before picking her up in his arms and laying down on the bed with her on top of him.

"What's up?" He questioned as she smiled, before looking at him happily.

"Nothing. I just missed you." She answered making him to let out a sigh of relief as he felt relieved to know that she was okay.

Putting his hand in her hairs, he ruffled them, "Hmm" he hummed making her to nod her head in return.

"Didn't you miss me?" She questioned him in a small voice as he lightly smiled before answering.

"No. I saw you in the morning, why would I miss you? I was going to see you when I return home anyway. I see you everyday." he explained as he pressed his lips tightly when he noticed her pouting as she tried to keep a straight face.

'She is a such a cute baby.' He thought to himself as he caressed her head.

"Oh.. Um.. Never mind... I'm sorry, I should have been more logical. You see me everyday of course. I'm so stupid." She tried to laugh it off as her lips hardly curved up.

"Yah." He huffed, smiling at her naive behavior. Pulling her up on him as she buried her face in his neck, hiding her hurtful expression from him, "I was just kidding, my baby. Of course I missed you, love. I miss you all the time, darling." He pecked her cheek as he rubbed her back.

"Oh." She giggled slightly, her lips pressing into a straight line again, "Again. I'm so stupid. I should have known you were joking." she spoke as he felt her smiling in his neck.

"you're not stupid, doll. Are you okay?" He questioned her as she nodded her head slowly.

Lightly massaging her hairs he let out a sigh, "Arent you on your days?" He asked her as she nodded her head.

Understanding the reason behind her behavior and mood swings, he smiled as he pecked her earlobe.

"Does it hurt?" He questioned her as she closed her eyes, letting out a short, soft breathe.