PLAN

"The gates of hell open at the sound of my laughter

"The gates of hell open at the sound of my laughter..."

  THIRD PERSON POV

Anna was looking down at the floor, while everyone was thinking of suggestions on how to produce the required light.

After a moment she felt a few eyes on her and looked up from the floor and stared around the room, only to find that everyone was staring at her.

Not sure what to say, she just laughed nervously. A few of them raised their eyebrows at her questiongly.
"Uh yeah fine, sure." She simply said. "So whats the plan?"

"Can you create a beam of light bright enough to be seen from space, so the resolute can recognise us?" Asked Diane.

"Yes, but I'm not sure it'll be able to hold it for long." Anna answered unsure.

"But the ball of light you summoned last night stayed long." Penny said but then mentally cursed herself.

"What are you talking about?" Asked John.

"We were really bored so, we asked Anna to show us some.. tricks." Will said quickly. John seemed convinced by that and let the matter go. But soon everyone looked at Anna again for answers.

"I- well that was just a little light, but I were to summon light, that bright which could be seen from space and coincide with the resolute's orbit, I will completely drain my energy and will faint in some time." Anna tried to explain.

"And you're also in recovery, so I don't recommend it." Said Judy.

"Any other ideas?" Asked Victor, looking around the room.
"Yes, but we don't have enough resources or power." Answered Evan hesitantly.

It was all hopeless. The survivors were really worried now and couldn't think of a way. They were afraid whether they would get to alpha centauri or not. But then Anna got an idea.

"I have an idea." Said Anna, hopefully.
"What's that?" Victor asked.

"Say I summon or create the required amount of light. I can't do that for long but we can store it and- make something to generate it further." Anna tried to explain.

A few were confused at first but the engineers and others got the idea of what Anna was suggesting. Anna looked around the room and saw many confused faces.

"Uh.. well, it's hard to store light energy considering its speed, but what if we create a medium that will generate it long enough. We can use mirrors and mylar foils to reflect it in the needed direction."

"Like a tower?" Someone suggested.
"Exactly. I think we have enough resources and power for that." Anna said.

"Great idea." Said maureen after doing some mental calculations.

Murmurs of assent for the plan could be heard from the room. Anna caught Will's eyes in the room who gave her a smile which she returned.

"Wait are we really going to trust the plan of a 12 year old?" Said Peter making Anna roll her eyes at him. Will, Penny and Judy too glared at him.

"Yeah and who knows if she can even create that amount of light." Said someone, who Anna called one of beckert's sidekicks. Victor seemed to taking this into consideration for no reason.

"Excuse me, I am right here." Said Anna  scowling at the two men.
"Are you sure it'll work?" Asked Victor.

"A hundred percent. Let's just hope nothing disrupts it." Said Anna.
"What could disrupt it?"
"We're on an unknown alien planet, what do you think?" Said Anna coolly.

Victor said nothing but just gave her a look. Anna sighed and said,"Trust me , it'll work."

To her surprise he nodded and agreed for the plan. They all were lucky that the survivors were really smart and many of them had worked in the resolute, so they knew what they were doing.

And then, everyone got to work.

Thank you so much for 4k.
Vote and comment <3