TRAJECTORY

"Let us live like flowers, wild and beautiful and drenched in sun

"Let us live like flowers, wild and beautiful and drenched in sun...."

  The plan to finally get off the bloody planet started. Every person in sight could be seen working. They were lifting things, setting up tents, trying to be in contact with the Resolute or maybe gossiping about how crazy maureen's idea was. A lot was happening at once.

Maureen was trying to convince Naoko to pilot the spaceship but also warn her that it'll be risky. Don and Judy were wondering what to do about Smith since they found out that she was lying about her identity.

Penny was going through some teenage drama. Oh you know, the usual. Her sudden change in mood did not go unnoticed.

"Lover's quarrel?" Asked Anna, chuckling but, immediately stopped smiling when Penny turned to glare at her. "What? Yeah coming." She lied and ran off to a distance.

On her way she didn't realize she bumped into one of the metal boxes, stubbing her leg. "Shit, what the hell? I didn't even see it." Cursed Anna, rubbing her leg where it hurted a bit.

"Language! You kiss your mother with that mouth?" Said don, playfully.
"Not anymore." Anna quickly replied before realizing what she was going to say. She made a face, shocked by her own true self.

Don didn't understand if he should laugh or be sympathetic. "Sorry." They both said at the same time. Not trying to make it any more awkward both nodded at each other and went in different directions.

***

Maureen talked to Victor and blamed him for giving the gun to Angela. But, he confessed that it wasn't him and thats what confused Maureen. She thought of another suspect but it couldn't be.

Her suspicion was confirmed when her daughter, Judy, told her about Smith faking her identity. She gave Angela the gun and there was clearly so much more she could do, they had to stop her. But the thing worried her was that her son, Will was with her alone at their jupiter.

Both the robinsons hurried to their jupiter. Judy stayed in the chariot while Maureen went in to get Will and handle Smith her own way. She very smartly lured Smith into her trap and locked her in the garage.

Smith did try to make up more lies but Maureen couldn't give a damn. The so called doctor said that she had done something to the dhar's jupiter but it wasn't convincing enough.

During this incident, something else popped up to make things more difficult. Back at the dhar's jupiter don told John that the jupiter was still too heavy and there wasn't enough power to lift it all. Meaning, they had to strip off more stuff.

The robinsons and Anna returned to the jupiter where Maureen and John had a talk. They reached to a solution to remove life support system, pressure system and servo system. The jupiter would still hold together but the pilot would black out and then had to wake up in time to manually steer around atmospheric hazards and vent the engines so they don't over heat. Naoka wouldn't have enough time, she didn't have a fast enough cognitive recovery, hence they had to find another pilot.

The other person whose cognitive recovery was the fastest was no other than John robinson.

He didn't want to do it, not wanting to leave his family again. But, there was no one else who could do it. So, they had a family meeting. Anna stayed in her room, claiming that it would be a little awkward if she would be there.

"Yea you can come in." Informed Anna, putting her book down as she heard someone knock at the door. Upon hearing her confirmation the door slid open and there stood Will.

"Hey, so is he doing it?" Inquired Anna referring to John and the mission.

"There isn't really another choice." Mumbled Will.

"Come on its your dad we're taking about. I'm sure he'll make it." It wasn't enough but those words were a little comfort to Will.

"Thanks. Also now we're setting up for dad to practice. You wanna join us?"

"Sure, let's go."

***
"

"You ready for a practice run?" Asked Maureen once John came in with his spacesuit on. The rest had done all the preparations for him.

"Good to go." He answered, nodding his head.

Maureen then explained her husband a few details and led him to the pilot seat where Judy and Maureen buckled him up.

"Arms up." Told Will his father.

"Whats this for?"

"To mimic the G-force." Said Anna who double checked the rope from behind.

"Oh, how's that gonna work?"

"You'll see or more like experience." She casually answered.

John did tons of practice runs but each time he couldn't make it in time and was dead. His heart rate was increasing  dangerously so Judy insisted on giving him a break. A break they all needed.

Just to make this worse, a message came from the resolute giving them only 24 hours to take off the planet. It was really difficult. Even through this time, John tried to reassure the kids thats they're gonna make it.

Maureen went back to the jupiter 4 to make sure everything's okay and later she came back with don. The jupiter 4 was 200 pounds under so they could add that much weight. Maureen thought that don could help John so much in the mission as he knew the ship really good.

He declined of course. But, Judy convinced him into doing it, somehow by emotional blackmailing and manipulating as don over exaggerated to Anna once she found him there.

"Still can't belive you're doing it." Exclaimed Anna as don buckled up in the co pilot seat.

"I'm getting paid for this." He quickly said.

"Really? Who's paying you? Pretty sure Judy isn't."

"Then you are."

"As if." She laughed and put on a helmet over don's suit.

Maybe don really was lucky, as he said earlier. John and don succeeded in their first practice run. Now they had to do it for real.

And then the hardest part came, goodbyes. Or it was some really sad see you again.

Anna saw as the robinson kids hugged their dad with tears in their eyes. She couldn't help it before she went to give him a hug as well. John hugged the little girl back smiling and pulled back after a few seconds.

"You better come back to get your money." Anna said, pointing her finger at don. Don smiled but didn't say anything and pulled the girl into a hug till it was time to finally go.

***

"Do you guys know where Will is?" Asked Anna, coming to sit beside Penny and Judy on the box they were sitting on outside to get a view of the ship launching off.

"I think he's inside with mom." Judy answered unsure. Nonetheless Anna nodded and watched the beautiful stars. You wouldn't be able to see it earth.

The jupiter finally took off, cheers could be heard from people around the three girls. It was going good until it burned in the sky. Crushing the robinsons and Anna's hearts. And everyone's hope to survive.