TRAUMA

"Its okay to let yourself feel everything you're feeling

"Its okay to let yourself feel everything you're feeling...."

Trauma, an emotional response to a terrible event or incident. After the attack, many were handling and dealing with trauma and post traumatic symptoms. At that time, one needed help, they had to find a way to help each other.

Being stuck on an alien planet, not sure how to return back to the resolute and also just losing a loved one or more, its not easy. They say, talking to a professional or someone understandable, trusting helps. It would take time, but yes it would help.

Dr. Smith, the so called therapist of the resolute, who had also gotten herself on the planet, was trying to help people. After attending the meeting she saw how hurt Angela was, a woman who had lost her husband on the resolute to a heart breaking murder by a robot, and then she got an idea.

Everyone may think her intentions were good but you and I know it isn't really. Dr. Smith just have her own good way with words, a way that make people fall into her trap of lies. Her actual identity won't be found out soon, but her true self would.

You could easily manipulate a deeply hurt person, she believed. That's what she tried to do with Angela. She did that but not in the way she expected. She had found out that Anna and Don were suspicious of her. She did fool Don with some lies but she didn't really had a chance to talk with the little girl so that she could get Anna to like her.

What a could a little girl do? Not much right? But she knew, the girl wasn't to be underestimated. No matter how much the girl could just play it off by not showing her feelings, but Dr. Smith knew how miserable she was.

She had years of practice, studying people, stealing their identity or manipulate them. She always got her way in. And that was also the day she talked to Anna, to encourage her to talk to her about her feelings, as she would do later with Angela if things went according to her plan.

"Hello Anna." Greeted dr. Smith. She found Anna sitting on the window seat in the main hub of the robinson's Jupiter. Will and robot had left with John for their father-son-robot thing, which was kind of weird to the girl.

Judy had gone with Victor, don and a few other people to retrieve the fuel, which according to don is still there in the jupiter where he crashed. Anna had no idea about penny's whereabouts.

Hence she just decided to enjoy her own company, trying not to let her feelings overcome her. Desperately trying not to miss her family.

Anna looked up at the call of her name and said hello back to Dr. Smith. She had a book in her hand, she chose to read to pass her time. She had read that book multiple times, it was gifted to her by her father.

Dr. Smith noticed Anna shaking her leg and also slightly visible tears in her eyes. Signs of trauma, Smith smiled to herself and came to sit beside Anna. Smith was actually looking forward to talk with the girl while her other part of her plan was laid out. The gun for Angela.

"So, how are you?" Smith started a little awkwardly. Anna put the book down and answered, "I'm good, how about you?"

"Great as well." Anna nodded at smith's reply and nodded, not sure what to say next.

"I just wanted to ask you how you're holding up with the loss of your family."  Started Smith, saying her words carefully in a sad tone. Anna raised her eyebrows slightly, and stared at dr. Smith with a blank face, her head tilting slightly. She hadn't expected this, but also currently you couldn't expect anything from life. She was also shocked about how straightforward Smith was.

"As I therapist, I wanted you to know that, I could help you if you need anyone to talk." Explained Smith. Now Smith was expecting Anna to consider her offer or maybe even say yes. What didn't expect was that she would ask a question.

"Wait, didn't you say you were a psychologist?" Interrogated Anna as she remembered Smith telling her and the robinsons about her profession when she first met them.

Smith got a hold of herself before she could let her confusion and shocked expression show on her face. Quickly making up a lie she answered, "I did say  I was in that field but as a therapist." Smith sounded quite convincing to Anna, she still was suspicious of the woman  but didn't interrogate her further.

"Alright and uh about your offer, I  really appreciate it but I don't think I need a therapist at the moment."

"Have you spoken to a therapist before?" Questioned Smith not really buying the girl's answer.

"Quite a few times actually."

"It does help, doesn't it? Talking about trauma to a professional would really help you. I bet you really miss your-" Smith was cut off as she tried to convince Anna.

"I'm sorry but in the most respectful way possible, this is none of your business." Stated Anna. She got up from the seat and grabbed her book which she had kept beside her.

"I understand." Smith said, nodding.

Anna nodded at dr. Smith and walked out of the hub and into the room, not feeling great.