TRANSMISSION

"Light that wants to shine, needs darkness

"Light that wants to shine, needs darkness..."

THIRD PERSON POV

The sun of the planet had started to set down the horizon while the sky was covered with grey clouds. The light tower was ready and fortunately everything was going accordingly.

Everyone had started to gather around and were waiting for the resolute to be in range. Now they all were dependent on Anna. It wasn't very likely of her to feel nervous, but guess when a lot of people have expectations from you, you can't help it.

Anna stood near the one of tents, tapping her foot anxiously but, rolled her eyes when she saw beckert make his way towards her.

"Are you sure you can do it? Our survival depends on you now, we can't afford any mistakes...." Peter started rambling annoying Anna.

"Peter?" Anna grabbed his attention, saying in a fake sweet voice. He stopped talking and looked down at Anna, raising his eyebrows questiongly.
"Shut up." Said Anna, passing Peter a fake smile.

Peter immediately left Anna alone with her thoughts. Anna smirked, glad she did that. Her brother would have been so proud of her right now.

"Nervous?" Asked Will, coming to stand beside Anna.
"A bit, I guess. It feels like I'm gonna do a light show." Said Anna, making Will chuckle.

"Really, you'll do great." Will said giving Anna a genuine smile.
They were interrupted when naoka called for them, telling them that the resolute was in range.
"Good luck." Said Will, getting a small thanks from Anna and then both going to stand beside the tower.

Its now or never, thought Anna to herself and took a deep breath.
Victor nodded his head at Anna motioning her to start.

Anna extended her arms, palms up. Her heart was pounding as she called for the light in her mind. A bright column of light summoned between her hands, glowing in the dark.

The crowd of the other survivors watched in awe as Anna grew the light bigger and brighter, the space between her palms widening.

Anna felt a wave of surety pass through  her and felt her body go warm from the light. Everyone gasped in amazement as the summoned light grew brighter and a beam of light shot out of Anna hands, gleaming in the dark.

Everyone's eyes widened as Anna's skin started glowing, literally. Anna felt the ends of her hair float slightly, shining too. The survivors felt calm out of a sudden for an unknown reason as they watched the scene before their eyes which looked too magical to be real.

Anna threw her arms wide as the beautiful white light filled their surroundings and them slammed her her hands together making the bright beam of light move to the tower.

Evan immediately turned on the power of the tower and they all watched it store the light energy and keeping the beam of light on. They all were sure the bright light could be seen from space.

Everyone burst into applause, clapping furiously and cheering. Anna's skin stopped glowing and her hair went back to her usual self. She grinned proudly, looking at the light.

It all worked out. They succeeded. They did it. She did it.

Thank you for 4.5k
Vote and comment <33