Highschool Crush (Charlie)

"Guess what, Charlie?" Pim sat next to Charlie in the break room, tapping his small hands on the table.

Charlie scrolled through his phone as he kept his eyes on the screen, "What is it, Pim?"

Pim held his hands to his face as his eyes sparkled, "We're getting a new co-worker today, Charlie! And it's a girl!!"

He put his elbows on the table as he held his head in his hands, "What if she's my soulmate, Charlie?"

Glep spoke as he smacked his iPad as Charlie nods his head in agreement.

Charlie locked his phone as he looked at Pim, "Pim, that's literally impossible. Soulmates are some made up fantasy to keep people hopefully they'll find someone."

Pim looked at him as he frowned a bit, "but Charlie, soulmates are real!"

Charlie took in a breath as the door opened, Mr. Boss stepping in as he smiled, "Hello fellow workers, we have a new busy bee coming into our company."

Charlie rolled his eyes as he looked back at his phone, "yeah, yeah, we know."

"Y'all make sure you be nice to (y/n) and show her around, okay?" Mr. Boss spoke as he stepped to the side, revealing you to everyone.

Charlie froze as he heard your name, lifting his head up as you both locked eyes with one another. He felt his heart pound against his chest as you smiled at him, "Hi Charlie. Long time no see, huh?"

Charlie couldn't speak as Pim looked at you both, "Charlie, you know her?"

Alan came over to you as he spoke, "it's nice to meet you, (y/n)," he held his hand out for you to shake as you took his hand. He gripped it tight as he looked at you, "You're welcome to anything in the fridge, just don't touch my cheese."

You could feel a cold sweat form on your forehead as you nodded, "yeah... Sure can."

He lets go of your hand as Mr. Boss pats your shoulder, "it's nice to have you working for us, (y/n)" his whole demeanor changed as he gripped your shoulder, "just don't screw up on the job."

He went back to being perky as he left. You didn't realize how weird everyone was. At least Charlie was here.

You and Charlie knew each other back in highschool and you both had a strong friendship. Sadly, you both lost contact after and haven't seen one another in seven years.

Now that he's working here, you could finally get to know one another again, catch up on life. You always wanted to confess feelings for him, but you've chickened out so many times during highschool.

Maybe this is your chance.

Charlie sat there as he was thinking the same exact thing. Difference was was that he was afraid you'll reject him. With the amount of guys that crushed on you in highschool, there was no damn way you would like him.

You walked over to the table as you sat next to Charlie, "How's life been treating you, Charlie? It's been about seven years since the last we've spoke."

He looked at you as he took in a breath, you really haven't changed a bit. You were still as beautiful as the day he laid eyes on you.

He gulped as he rubbed the back of his head, "it's been whatever. Nothing much has happened or anything like that. What about yourself?"

You shrugged as you looked at him, "Nothing much, either. It's good to see you again, Charlie."

He looked at you as he pats your shoulder, "it's good to see you again, too, (y/n)."