Forever Loved (Charlie ☁️)

(TW: WILL BE TALKING ABOUT DEATH!!)

You let out a soft cough as you turned the sink, washing your hands as you turned it off, drying your hands with a small hand towel.

You stood in the breakroom as you leaned against the counter, closing your eyes shut as you felt exhausted this day.

"Stupid heart," you muttered as you rubbed your chest, "Why couldn't you be normal?"

You were born with a rare heart condition as it slowly took a toll on your health and life. Growing you, you didn't have many friends around you.

Except for one man that stood by your side through it all.

That man was Charlie Dompler.

Many people that you've met didn't want to carry the emotional burden and only defined you as the person with the bad heart problem. But Charlie never did you like that. He never looked at you like you were a problem.

He cared for you deeply. And for that, you've grown to fall for him. You both dated for over two years now, but with your declining health, you worried if Charlie couldn't handle it anymore.

You sighed as the door opened, Charlie walked inside as he looked at you and smiled, "Hey babe, you doing okay?"

You looked at him as you smiled, "Yeah, I'm doing great."

He closed the door behind him as he plopped a single file on the table, he walked over to you as he kissed your cheek, "You wanna do this job with me? Gotta help this man who got dumped."

You nodded your head as you got off the counter, "Yeah, I'm totally down."

You coughed a bit as Charlie pats your back softly, "Got the coughs again, huh?"

You nodded your head as he went over to the fridge, grabbing you a cold water bottle and hands it to you. You thanked him as you opened it, taking a couple of sips.

You both soon left and onto the job. You arrived near a home as you looked around, "this is a really nice house,"

Charlie shrugged as he knocked on the door, "Only god knows what it looks like on the inside"

You lightly smacked Charlie's arm as he smiled at you, "Charlie, don't say that. It's probably just as nice on the inside."

You both heard a crash as you flinched a little. The door creaked open as you both saw a pair of eyes looking through the crack of the door, "Yes, who is it?"

"We're from Smiling Friends. You called to cheer you up," Charlie spoke as the guy spoke out, "oh yeah... Come in"

He opened the door as he revealed the inside of his home. Beer cans scattered the floor, dirty clothes in small piles and the curtains closed and darkened the home, making it even more depressing.

Charlie looked at you as he gave you, "I told you so" look. You narrowed your eyes at him as you both walked inside.

"So, how long have you been dumped?" Charlie spoke out nonchalant as you looked at him, "Charlie!"

The man waved his hands a little in the air, speaking out as he plopped down on his sofa chair, "Two months now... I just... I just can't get over her." He sobbed out as he placed his face in his hands.

Charlie watched as he became slightly uncomfortable, not knowing how to really aid someone when they cry, "Come on, man. It's been two months. It's time to get out there and live it up."

"I think it is best to let her go, sir," you spoke out softly as the man sniffed, "No, I just can't... She was my everything."

You frowned as you looked at Charlie. Charlie met your gaze as he nods his head, looking back the man with determination, "how about we try getting her back for you, man? What made her leave in the first place?"