The Silent Help (Gnarly ☁️)

(TW ⚠️ this contains physical and verbal abuse! If you do not want to read this, please skip!)

"You stupid bitch," a bottle smashed against the wall as you ducked away from it, "how could you let those damn smiling fools take away one of OUR customers!?"

You shook as you held back tears, "I...well..."

"You're too dumb to even figure it out yourself! Fuck! I knew I should've gone with you," Grim stood up as his chair scratched hard against the tile floor. He walked towards you as you took a step back, bumping into the wall behind you as Grim came close to you.

You could feel his hot breath waft against your chest. He reached up as he grabbed some of your hair, yanking you down to face him.

"I swear, you screw up one more job, I'll have to take matters into my own hands," Grim spoke low as he lets go of your hair and walks back to his desk, "now get the fuck out of my office."

You opened his door as you walked out, you held back your tears as they started to spill out.

Gnarly was walking in as he saw you, "Hey... You okay?"

You looked at him as you shook your head no, wiping your tears away.

He looked at you as he reached out to touch you, but pulled back as he looked at Grims door.

"...He yelled at you, huh?"

You nodded your head as you looked at him, "he also threw a glass bottle at me...," You gently touched your hair, "and yanked my hair..."

Gnarly wasn't good at showing his emotions, but the way his eyes lit up like fire said it all.

He hummed in response as he held up a file, "come on, let's go do this job together,"

You nodded your head as you sniffed, following beside him as you both left.

It was quiet as your tears slowly came to a stop. Grim was your older half brother. He took over both of your dad's business and became hungry for conquest and demanded progress.

Anything you did wrong, he would just beat and belittle you til you felt like you were nothing.

Even though Gnarly doesn't speak about it, he still always comforted you by taking you with him on jobs, sometimes surprising you with snacks and sodas.

He hated to see you so upset. He wanted you to be happy.

Ironic, huh?

You both walked towards his car as you both got inside. He closed his door as he starts the car, you slides your seatbelt on as he drove.

He hands you the file as you opened it. You raised a brow as there was nothing inside.

"Uh...Gnarly? There's nothing in here..."

He hummed in response as he kept driving. You both stayed silent as a small smile crept on your face, facing the window as you could feel your cheeks turn red.

You didn't ever tell Gnarly, nor would you ever tell Grim. But you had a crush on Gnarly. The way he treated you with such kindness, even without barely speaking, made you fall for him.

He pulled into a parking lot as he stepped out. You got out of the car as you saw he brought you to an ice cream shop. Your eyes lit up as he looked at you, "Get whatever you want, it's on me."

You thanked Gnarly as you walked inside, getting your favorite ice cream as he got a scoop of vanilla. You both sat outside on a bench as you ate.

"You sure you're okay?" Gnarly spoke out as he put a spoonful of ice cream in his mouth.