1|Married To My Bestfriend

Please drop inline comments and vote for the chapter. It'll make me happy if you all could follow me.

Happy reading 💙

***

Main suneya uchiyan deewara rakhiyan
Ni tu dil de chaar chufere
Naale saambh ke rakhde ae
Koi dil ch na laa le dere

Main suneya pehlaan vi dil tuteya
Dil tuteya tera ik waari
Taanhi dil di deewaraan te
Tu ik na banaai baari
~~~

Nandini sat on the bed dejected, her veil sprawled on the bed in a messy way and her big nose ring almost about to fall. She looked ready to cry, fisting her lehenga in her palms she looked around with moist, red-rimmed eyes but nothing seeked her interest. She did not know what to feel or think.

Within a span of 6 hours her life had taken a 360 degree turn and she had no idea how to handle things.

Th door opened ajar and she lifted her eyes to see her husband coming in. His face was blank, mirroring her heart.

He opened the first three button of his sherwani and sprawled on the couch. The room did not really have the suhag raat decor but the scented candles and a few rose flower decorations were setting her heart on fire.

He then got up and went to the washroom and probably washed his face as Nandini assumed by hearing the running water faucet.

Manik

Her heart whispered as a fresh new set of tears rolled down her doe eyes wetting her face all over again.

Even though she was sobbing Manik could hear his wife crying. Turning off the faucet he sighed and with a towel pat his face. Walking out he saw Nandini crying, hugging her knees and hiding her face.

His heart broke at the sight. He went towards her and sat by her side.

Feeing the mattress dip down Nandini raised her face and saw Manik looking at her.

He studied her face and simply wiped off her tears. She let him and moved her body closer to his.

Manik stood up and took a face towel from the bed table drawer. He cleaned her face and then placed a kiss on the top of her head.

Nandini couldn't take it anymore and throwing her arms around his neck she snuggled closer to him.

“ Manik why, why me, har baari something or the other happens and I am the one who has to face it. Why did Kabir leave Manik, he left me at the alter to face all the pain, humiliation and taunts. ”

Manik kept mum never defending his brother. He kept on running his fingers through her hair and opened her already messy bun allowing her relax on his shoulder.

“ Shhh stop crying, tabiyet kharab karni ha apni ? Humh ? ”
She had stopped crying now and Manik wiped her face.

“ Go and change into something comfortable Nandu ”
She nodded and got up, walking to the vanity she started by taking of the dupatta draped on her head, next she slowly took out the heavy diamond studded bangles, leaving her chooda on.

She then tried to take off her earring but the back was not coming out.

Ouchh
Manik who had just changed into his sweat pants rushed to her.

“ Easy there ”
He gently took it off and rubbed her ear lobe with his thumb and index finger which had already turned red. Moving to the other one he took it off and rubbed it again. Nandini stared at him through the mirror and he didn't react. Taking out her heavy necklaces he kept them all on table. He then made her sit on the vanity chair and knelt before her. Keeping her right foot in his thigh he unlocked the beautiful gold anklets and then took off the one from the other foot. Then he started taking off her ring but the moment he touched her Mangalsutra but she withdrew heraelf back.

Manik looked at her with an unsaid emotion in his eyes.

“ I'll change and come ”
She went to the walk in closet and locked the door. Taking off her lehenga she stripped and then wore a sports bra and a loose T shirt with shorts.

Nandini wanted to take a bath but it was middle November she was sure to fall sick so she made a lose bun and went out

Here I asked Arohi to bring all your make up removing pad and all, it's on the couch ”
Nandini nodded but then asked

“ Bring ? I keep them in your room toh fir ? ”

“ Woh mom had asked me to shift your stuff to bhai's room ”
Nandini went stiff at his mention but didn't say anything.

Taking off her make up she went and slept on the bed when she saw Manik take out a blanket and pillow and throw in on the sofa

He laid there but Nandini couldn't sleep like this

Manik just come and sleep on the bed. Wo sofa chhota padega ”
He didn't say anything just got up and lied on the bed.

Before sleeping Manik looked at a sleeping Nandini and said 

“ Mujhe nahi pata sab kaise aur kyu hua, but Mai apni taraf se ye rishta nibhaunga ”
Soom darkness engulfed him and Manik too drifted off.

Both were tired, more like exhausted. This day had been emotionally tiring.

Nandini was left at the alter by her fiance and was traumatized with the taunts she had heard her relatives pass. She did not know where was her fault, obeying to her mother's demand she had agreed to marry Kabir but things were never easy on her.

Manik on the other hand had to marry the girl who was going to become his brother's wife. Not just that, his closest friend, he knew what he was getting himself into when he gave in to both thier parent's pleading but now he had none to blame.

They could only hope for the upcoming days to be fruitful for them.

The birds chirped the next morning but the sun was hidden behind the clouds, the air was windy but the blowing winds flew and opened the curtains since no one closed it the night before.

Manik being an early riser woke up. He yawned opening his eyes and feeling weight on his arm he looked down to find Nandini sleeping practically on him, her head on his hand and her arms around his waist.

All the memories from yesterday came rushing back to him at once.

He tried getting up but she didn't let go of him and not wanting to wake her up after yesterday's events he let her be and himself lied down, trying to sleep for a bit more time.

***
I hope you liked it, please vote, comment and follow me.
Have a great day ahead !
Much Love
Vishakha ✨